Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has everyone shot their broadheads?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has everyone shot their broadheads?

With the season right around the corner for most of us, just thought I would remind everyone. You need to practice with your broadheads before you take them to the woods. Many times they will not hit exactly where your field points do. Sometimes you can tweak things to bring the two together, but you really need to know where they will be hitting. You may need to readjust your sights for hunting with broadheads.

We owe it to the animals we hunt to make every effort to make a clean quick kill. So put those broadheads on your arrows and shoot a few at the range or in your backyard, just to make sure.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Has everyone shot their broadheads?

Great reminder and yupper, Mine have been shot in and I'm ready to rock except....ya know the.......injury...lmao...I'll get there when I get there.

Good reminder jmbuck....
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah, I shot them and they are ready.... lets kick the tires and light the fires boyz it almost here.....
Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope i havent even bought mine.... ncant find any 2-blade rage anywhere! besides my season aint until oct 6 so i got some time.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:10 AM

Shot em, and scored already. My season started last Sat. Aug. 18. At 1:15 in the afternoon my buck was down. I cannot recomend enough to practice with the arrows and broadheads you will be hunting with. It pays off!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Tekan II's and the only time they are fired is at live game. But anyone shooting fixed blades, or like to practice with mechanicals should already or getting ready to tune them.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot broadheads only.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Yep, did something new this year though. Lined up my vanes with the broadheads so when you look down the shaft everything is pefect in line. Dont know if anyone does that or how common it is but I noticed a huge difference.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've always heard that aligning thing doesn't make a difference.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot any broadheads yet this year, which is very unusual for me. I'm putting a different rest on my bow next week, so i figured not to even bother with broadheads until I get my bow setup.

Quick Reply: Has everyone shot their broadheads?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.