Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One eye or both eyes?

Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 AM

Default One eye or both eyes?

I've recently just started shooting with both eyes open and it seems to be working a lot better for me. Just wondering how many use both eyes.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 AM

Default RE: One eye or both eyes?

JUST ONE
Old 08-24-2007, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

training myself to shoot both. for some reason, i shoot much better with both open. the arrow seems to go exzactly where im looking. for some reason, the release feels like more of a surprise too..i know i dont use back tension...but with 1 eye id focus on the release...with 2 i seem to watch my spot and wait for my arrow to get there...i shoot much better..
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

both and single
Old 08-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot with Both openall the time, but I drive with both eyes closed
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

With bow, rifle, shotgun and pistol you are really supposed to shoot with both open and let your dominate eye look through the sights, it gives you better peripheral vision and better depth perception.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Both, it really helps when the light starts to get a bit low and you are trying to use the peep site. Remember, one thing about being up in a tree. The ground below you gets darker faster... When you are up in a tree you have to look down through the canopy with is already creating shadows. I make it a point to practice low light shooting every year.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JesterUSCG

Both, it really helps when the light starts to get a bit low and you are trying to use the peep site. Remember, one thing about being up in a tree. The ground below you gets darker faster... When you are up in a tree you have to look down through the canopy with is already creating shadows. I make it a point to practice low light shooting every year.
Jester,
Just this week I started practicing with both eyes open and was amazed at the difference. You're dead on about making it easier to shoot in low light. I was shooting last night just before dark and it made a huge difference.
The biggest benefit for me personally is that it seems to make it so much easier to settle the pin.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: JesterUSCG

Jester,
Just this week I started practicing with both eyes open and was amazed at the difference. You're dead on about making it easier to shoot in low light. I was shooting last night just before dark and it made a huge difference.
The biggest benefit for me personally is that it seems to make it so much easier to settle the pin.
I have noticed that also. It does seem easier to settle the pin.

Shane
Old 08-24-2007, 08:25 AM

im mad because i sont know what i do.. lol

Quick Reply: One eye or both eyes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.