Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Here ya go. Put one in your basket today!

http://www.bighornoutdoors.com/jzcart/showitem.php?id=2742

Plenty of room for the kids and gear!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

I would like to put the quality issue into perspective. For example, Toyota's sales goal this year for the '07 Tundra is 200,000 units, which they will probably achieve. Ford sold 800,000 unitsof the F150 in2006. Ford has sold 4x the trucks than Toyota. If you hear people complaining about a Ford truck more than aToyota, it is because their are more Fords. Ford will have 4x the issues. I use Ford as an example because they have had the best selling vehiclewith the F150 for a long time now.

I don't care what everyone drives. I personally like the newToyota and Nissan. A person needs to make an informed decision on their own needs. By informed I mean don't be seduced by the fancy advertising. Toyata says you can pull 10,500 lbs properly equipped. They don't tell you that the GVW of the vehicle is still 7000 lbs. Payload is a meager 1750 lbs. You cannot pull a gooseneck or fifth wheeltrailer carrying 10,500 lbs since 20 % tongue weight is transferedoverthe bed. That would put you at 2100 lbs, 350 lbs over. That's not including you, passangers, tools, materials, or additional accessories.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not a pickup unless it has a solid front axle.

I've been a die hard Ford guy my whole life, and when I went to town to buy a new Ford this is what came home with me.

2007 Dodge 2500HD, 5.9L Cummins - My best tank so far has been 19.2mpg, and my worst tank was 13.7 when I was pulling a 12,000lb load 110 miles. This truck is going to get up to 22mpg once it gets broken in, right now I only have 1780 miles on it. It rides just as good down the highway as my 2003 F150 SuperCrew, and if you lined it up on the asphalt with any gas 4x4 stock pickup, it'd smoke it.

Hardcore - When did you ditch your doors and add the BFGs to your Blazer? I'd be willing to bet that is a fun ride on the trails in your new home state of Colorado!
I'll come wheeling with ya as soon as I get my truck camo-ed up. We'd hate for the Chevy guys to see a Ford pulling ya

That rig gets 20mpg as well, all you have to do is pop it in neutral an push it down a hill
Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

I bought the same thing a week ago. Mine is white though lol. First tank I got 17.5. I am still on my second tank with 800 miles. My lie-o-meter is saying 20.0 mpg. It is about 1-2 mpg off.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Rammer, that blue ford could sit in my driveway anyday; sweet truck. Here is my blazer info

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2271913

Look me up anytime out here buddy and we will go 4 wheellin' or elk hunting.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever you do get a crew-cab or four door...

I have an 07 chevy 1500 crewcab, and love it... mileage isnt bad at 16 mpg for a 6.0L @367hp..... but you can get them w/ the V6 that will have much better mpg.

Plus, Car&Driver ranked it higher than Nissan & Toyota[8D]
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have gotta be kidding me , is that something you can buy from the showroom ? .

Dave

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Why buy anything else?

Old 08-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Spike

You need to check out the Pictures on this site 2007 TOYOTA FJ CRUISER all the way!!!! 27,000 loaded out the door and you won't find a better off- road vehicle for the money I also tow a 22 foot deck boat with it and it is smooth.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-report-photo-section-gps-coordinates/22760-chicago-clan-gets-sloppy-lots-o-pics.html
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

As someone who purchases 20+ trucks a year.....I can tell you what my next one (and subsequent) will be........Toyota. I've got 104,000mi. on the current Tundra....and I'll rotate it to the field in about 15,000 more miles.....where it will be utilized until it reaches 200K+. I've replaced......Tires...and 1 set of brakes.

If I'm not mistaken.....it's built right here in the good ol USA.....by US workers....and the wages those US workers earn are helping drive the US economy as much as Detroit wages (except the Toyota's probably outselling them). The tax base generated by the Toyota plants are doing the same.

I have to make a business decision when it comes time to buy vehicles. That's all it is, to me. if I got the same bang for our co. buck buying something else....I would. I see a big ol new tundra in my early '08 future.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:46 PM

I always have a hard time getting my bow out the window of my truck to shoot.I think you'd be better served with a convertible of some sorts[8D]

Quick Reply: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.