Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

I would go with a chevy...they have always lasted a long, long time for me.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 AM

For everyone who is complaining about American companies that have jobs outside our borders............and using that to justify a foreign car purchase I have one question for you.

Why do you think the big have been forced to do that??

Because you can't have it both ways...........if they are going to pay high wages and offer good benefits then people have to buy their vehicles..........and lots of them. Too many people buying foreign vehicles=not enough money to pay our workers at home.............so the jobs leave to places that are willing to work for minimum wage.

All the foreign car buyers chased the American jobs away...............it's that simple.

Support your neighbors and your country..........and stop being part of the problem.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Banned

Here you go, find yourself an old Blazer. It gets over 20 mpg while going downhill.It is very reliable, cheap to insure, parts are cheap and it easy to work on, and American made.Short wheel base goes anywhere and I have yet to get this girl stuck. 1977 Chevy Blazer.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

HC that right there is a Texas rig. No doors so you don't have to waste time rolling down a window.[:-]

Atlas and I agree 100% on this one. Living in MI you have to see it to believe it.

What some do not see is the jobs lost by suppliers. When a factory leaves it hurts the entire communty. Tax base, schools, resturants etc...
Yes some other companies have plants here in US, but those could be companies from USA and not Japan.

Black Monday I have see one here in the early 90's, when Willow Run Assembly was shut down.[] I took the call from my father and talk to my two uncles.

What folks fail to see and this is what open my eyes. When they ship the jobs out to Mexico do you think they are going to sell you the car any cheaper?

We have look inward for way to long here, it's time to help each other. Think about this in 1972 in Flint MI had over 18,000 GM employees, now less than 5,000[&o]

Ok off my soap box
Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 AM

HCH,
If you haven't been stuck you just haven't been trying

I drive a Made in Mexico Dodge for my hunting

Here it is with my Made in Wisconsin motorcycle in the back (broke the belt on it)

Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM

PS for all the import lovers, my Dodge has over 200,000 miles on it. 318 V8
My Expedition (a Ford) has 184,000 5.4 V8

US trucks last for a long time too.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: valor10

Yes, let's all support mediocrity.
You are. You drive a Tundra. Thus far, their truck performance has been less than stellar.Bed bouncing,camshaft failure, horrible gas milage.
The Tundra has topped the reliability ratings for the past 7 years. If you consider that mediocre, ok.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

PS for all the import lovers, my Dodge has over 200,000 miles on it. 318 V8
My Expedition (a Ford) has 184,000 5.4 V8

US trucks last for a long time too.
My Expedition has 282K now. Same set up. The truck is awesome.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

For what you're looking for, you got 2 good options in my opinion:

1. 2005 or 2006 Toyota Tacoma extended cab or double cab, V6, 4x4 with low miles. You should be able to find one in the 23K - 25K range. You probably won't get 20mpg, though - figure on more like 18 average.

2. 2005 or 2006 Nissan Frontier extended or double cab, V6 4x4 with low miles. Pretty comparable to the Toyota although you may get slightly worse gas mileage. If you can find one where you live, it'll probably be slightly cheaper than the Toyota as well. I used to have a 95 Nissan 4x4 that I really loved - great truck that the salt from driving in the rust belt states took its toll on and I had to get rid of it.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've retired my F-150 and now drive a 2006 Toyota Tacoma. I have the extended cab version and I'm getting about 20 mpg, but thats probably because I drive like a nut and mostly local driving. The extended cab gets me and the family around, but a dual cab is probably more comfortable for the family.The tow package is rated at 6000 lbs. Also, its the sharpest lookin' midsized truck out there now

Quick Reply: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.