Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 AM

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Whatever you buy just make it an American truck.

Let's keep our money at home and support each other.
So everything you own was made in America? It's nearly impossible. I chose to spend my money on whatever vehicle I felt had the best quality and performance for my needs. Thats why I went with Toyota.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i have been looking at new trucks my self. From what i have seen Ford has more pulling power, can pull more weight. Plus the new turbo diesle in the f250 makes it a great truck. You can get a brand new f250 for around 30 to 35 depending on what options you wont. You should be able to find one use cheaper and they get 18 a gallon. If you are stuck on a v6 go with the f150. new they start at 19 and about 26000 fully loaded and i think with a v8 they get 22 mpg
Your not comparing apples to apple when you compare the F250 Diesel with the 1500 Titan as far as pulling power. Nothing in the 1500 series has more torque or hp than the Titan. (The Tundra is there too).
Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, let's all support mediocrity.
You are. You drive a Tundra. Thus far, their truck performance has been less than stellar.Bed bouncing,camshaft failure, horrible gas milage.Has Nissan ever figures out how to get brakes to last more that 15,000 miles or shredding the rear diff yet on the Titian? Bringing a Japenese truck to deer camp is like wearing a camo skirt (nothing wrong with a camo skirt if you have the legs for it). American junk indeed.[:@]I'll stick with my Chevy, and if I didn't own a Chevy, it wouldbe a Dodge or Ford.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Titan.Looked at all comparable trucks, and decided on the Nissan. I liked the ride better as well as the standard features I could get for the money I was able to spend.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I love my Titan.Looked at all comparable trucks, and decided on the Nissan. I liked the ride better as well as the standard features I could get for the money I was able to spend.
I did the same thing. Rob, love the truck, I just got a 07 in May. Four door, Four wheel drive. I love it!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

I did the same thing. Rob, love the truck, I just got a 07 in May. Four door, Four wheel drive. I love it!!
BTW for the record it is not a truck if it has 4 doors It is a modified station wagon boys

They are called pickups[8D]and they have two doors. One for you and one for the dog.

You carry dead critters and things to build in back of pickups!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

BTW for the record it is not a truck if it has 4 doors It is a modified station wagon boys

They are called pickups[8D]and they have two doors. One for you and one for the dog.

You carry dead critters and things to build in back of pickups!
so your saying this is a truck???

Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

More than yours, LOL
Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

More than yours, LOL
OUCH!!!!!

LOL
Old 08-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

I have a 2006 Tacoma, 6 speed, V6 and will just say this...if under 20mpg is unacceptable, then you won't be driving a mid-sized truck with a V6.

Amen to that. I have a two door s-10 Blazer. 1994, manual transmission, 4.3L V6.... just hit 210,000 miles. Been a great truck and still going well. I have street tires on it, because I primarily drive on the street... it gets about 24 MPG highway when I baby it, and 21 highway if I don't. Mine get GOOD gasmilage, and its a small frame two door. I pull my 16ft War Eagle with it, and I get about 13 MPG. If someone else rides with me, its about 18 MPG.

You are up north where there is alot of snow and ice... so you are one of the few who may actually need a 4X4. In the south, all it does is get you stuck deeper in the woods. I doubt I'll ever buy another 4x4 living in the south. You save money on fuel, insurance, purchase price etc when you buy a 2x4.

Not to mention that a wench and mud tires for a 2x4 are much cheaper than a 4x4 as well.

Moreover... I have never tried it, but I seriously doubt that bowhunting from a truck is very effective. I prefer to walk to the stand, leaving the truck out and away from my hunting area. Just me.

Quick Reply: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.