Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I don't have to sell it to you, all you need to do is drive it once and you'll be sold. Nissan Titan.

A Dodge recommend a guy to go buy one when he wanted to trade is Dodge on a new one. A Ford dealer told me to not waste my time driving a Ford if I was going to test drive the Titan.

The only other recommendation I would make at this time is the new Tundra.

Rob you're house is my dream house
Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Why buy anything else?

Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why buy anything else?

What kind of mileage DON'T you get with that rig?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 PM

Whatever you buy just make it an American truck.

Let's keep our money at home and support each other.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever you buy just make it an American truck.

Let's keep our money at home and support each other.

Ditto

Old 08-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whacker

I have a dakota slt v8 and get 19-21 per gallon cant really ask for anything more than that
You must be the only one. Dodge and gas mileage don't usually belong in the same sentence. Our Durango is lucky to get 13 mpg. I have to agree with Rob. My dad has a Titan extended cab (not the quad cab like Rob) and it is by far the smoothest, most powerful truck I've ever driven. They are hard to beat, but $30K won't get one unless you buy used. Even the used ones are bringing top dollar.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Does it matter when it can haul 5 tons and tow 20 tons? I like to always think big when I go hunting.

I've seen a few of these on the road. They're huge. Last week I saw a F650, quad cab 4X6, saddle tanks. Look similar, maybe just a little smaller by a tad.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I have a dakota slt v8 and get 19-21 per gallon cant really ask for anything more than that
You must be the only one. Dodge and gas mileage don't usually belong in the same sentence. Our Durango is lucky to get 13 mpg.
There is a bit more weight to the Durango.

I have had a full size f-150 for 12 years. I bought a Dakota and I love it.

I get about 20 hwy and 15 mpg every where else, but I drive like an old man.

To me a full size truck is over kill for justbowhunting and you can get a great used truck these days.

I paid 10,440 out the door for mine with 40,000 miles on it. It will do everything a new truck will do.

4x4 is a must IMO.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

You must be the only one. Dodge and gas mileage don't usually belong in the same sentence. Our Durango is lucky to get 13 mpg. I have to agree with Rob. My dad has a Titan extended cab (not the quad cab like Rob) and it is by far the smoothest, most powerful truck I've ever driven. They are hard to beat, but $30K won't get one unless you buy used. Even the used ones are bringing top dollar.
ill second the titan being a pretty sweet truck, but my dads was bought brand new for less than 30k. said i might get it someday, but told him ill stick with my GMC for now, i mean afterall, he dont even have 4wd!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

i have an 06 dakota slt v-8 i dont get anywhere nere 20mpg i get about top of 16-17 but it towes my pressure washer and a full tank of water around really well (about 4500lbs) and i usually have another 6-800 pounds of equipment in the bed. id buy the four door v-6 though if you dont need bed length and also the ext cab barely fits on car seat in it. for they money you wont find anything better for space,fuel,power,and towing capacity. the foreign trucks cost and arm and a leg and the colorado and the ranger are really underpowered for towing. right now they have a lifetime powertrain warranty and you can usually get all kinds of rebates and stuff. i got mine as a leftover 06 everysingle option for 22k$ original sticker was around $30k

Quick Reply: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.