Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

We all own lots of foreign stuff. Just about everything from Wal-Mart is made in China. We are doomed.

I saw two more businesses here in Michgan out of business today.

Tom
Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

By the way I just recently sold a 1996 Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive route vehiclewith 212,000 miles on it. I put one starter on it since it was new and brake pads only.Still ran great but I had no need for it in CO.
I have a 1997 Chevy Z71 with 202,000 on it. I put breaks on it and a transmission since I have owned it. Runs excellent and I drive it regularly 12 hours back and forth to IA from CO. Dependability or resaleis not an issue and I do not babyany of my vehicles. I am an American business owner and I in no way feel that I should show up to my American customers, taking their American currency, while driving a foreign truck. They pay me in American Dollars not Japanese yen. My Grandpa fought in WWII and I also respect him too much too as he lost some buddies to the Japs.
I also ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle and would rather quit riding a bike than ride a POS Japanese motorcyle. I try to keep as much as my American $$ in my fellow Americans pockets. To each his own, but don't try to tell me American vehicles aren't dependable or have good resale, I own and know better.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Honestly, Jim...."No" to all of your questions. But these are issues of "MY" day.

But ifpeople went through life harboring those type of longstanding resentments.....with no possibility for forgiveness and the need to "move on".....it would be easy to understand the black race's plight RE:slavery. Can we NEVER get past our ancestor's (not OURS) transgressions?

I don't fault you for feeling the way you do. I don't understand it. I don't feel that way. I hope you believe that.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Don:

Emotion aside.....we own over 200 vehicles. I don't make this stuff up. Check any used truck resale book. Anyone can do so in a manner of minutes, online.

To each his own, but don't try to tell me American vehicles aren't dependable or have good resale, I own and know better.
I said neither. I compared them to something else....used real-world data....and they fell short. I didn't say they weren't good vehicles.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Michigan, I work in the automotive ind. We all are abit touchie when it comes to this subject.ENOUGH SAID!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Understood, gplant....I'm out.

No disrespect intended.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel allot like Hardcore on this. As a business owner I would not feel comfortable driving a Toyota to a costumers shop. It has allot to do with respect I am a very proud American and I don't feel anyone in the world is better than Americans at building any thing.
That said most imports are being made in substandard facilities by under paid works in close to slave labor working conditions.The environmental impacts of these plants will be felt by many. In this country we have pollution controls ,O.S.H.A. and many other safe guards that drive costs up,but that is the price you pay for having safe drinking water.

I do on the other hand support our great northern neighbor Canada thru the purchase of the world best beer "Labatt Blue"
Old 08-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I do on the other hand support our great northern neighbor Canada thru the purchase of the world best beer "Labatt Blue"
Now your talkin. Im going to have a couple Blues in 25 min. And Jeff I do know what you mean. I did not direct that to you.Its just getting real bad up here and people arefeeling it. We dont know if today will be our last. Its tuff living like that.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

It just bums me out to see all ofour hunting and other products being made in Chinaand so many Americans buyingJapananese vehicles.I will always try to boycott these products. I would evenrather pay more for made in America. Our nations' mentallity towards rolling over and making foreign purchases sucks IMO.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well seeing the topic went way off topic even after the thread starter tried to bring it back, feel free to start one over in the politcal forum guys.