Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

You big meany.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Guys I love the US.....but we need to leave the emotion out of this.

I'm betting my DB was sewn in China....or overseas. I'd have to check.

I know ALL my optics/cameras were made in Japan or China (or buy a foreign owned co.).

I just dont see where this needs to be divisive. Buy what you want to with your money. Doesn't ANYTHING other than that sound crazy???

Old 08-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

I knew that the world had come to an end as I knew it when I bought a Double BullMatrix and it said,"Made in China" on it. I was disgusted and contacted the company. They said that they could make me one here in America for a higher fee. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning it but I damn near did. I have a Double Bull BS5 that was made in America and I never had a problem paying more for a good AMERICAN MADE product like a Double Bull blind. Now you have to pay the SAME damn high price for a Double Bull but the price didn't go down on their blinds and the savings the company made by going to China was not passed on to the consumer.Why was the cost savings of going to Chinas with their blinds not passed on to the consumer? Greed?
No wonder I like the ASAT blind so much, SAME EXACT quality of a Double Bull(looks like they are made in the same Chinese company) but ASAT PASSES on their savings to you charging half of what a DB costs.
Off of the soapbox.[:@]
Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I knew that the world had come to an end as I knew it when I bought a Double BullMatrix and it said,"Made in China" on it.
Don...I was guessing

Why was the cost savings of going to Chinas with their blinds not passed on to the consumer? Greed?
Different perspective. Maybe that's why you haven't noticed an increase. Many politicians will.......OK...let's use Welfare as an example. (_________) controlled congress sends a budget to the president with a 4% increase for welfare for the next fiscal year. President signs a 3.5% increase. Politicians opposing the president will claim in stump speeches that the president has CUT welfare spending. Twisted, huh?

Old 08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Everybody's free to spend their cash as they see fit. On imports, or domestics. No arguement. Just don't tell me it's a "quality" thing. Neither the Titian or Tundra has a good reliablility rating at this point. Neither is better thanany of the domistics, and at this point, are considered worse. They are no cheaper. So if you buy one, good for you. If your brand loyal to Nissan or Toyota, great! Just shelve the quality BS.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

valor:

I hope this is a fair question......

Assuming what you say is true......then WHY are people willing to pay more for the imports? The sale/re-sale values/figures don't lie. My company's maintenace expenditures don't lie, either, though.

We're a "real-world" company putting serious mileage on our vehicles (200K+, sometimes).
Old 08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't exceptall to under stand , Some will.

http://www.navsource.org/Naval/arph.htm
Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

My buddy has a dodge with a Cummins. There is a guy name Jim Jesup who does a disel tune up to them. HE worked at Cummins for years and knows how to give them more power and better milage. He gets 22 mph on the highway. Jim has done trucks from every state except Hawaii.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Jim:

I certainly have a healthy respect for our fallen. My brother and dad served proudly, themselves. We dropped our share of atrocities in the Japanese laps subsequent to the attack you cite.

I honestly don't think about that when I make a vehicle purchase, though. If I usedyour "logic".....nobody couldbuy gasoline fortheir vehicles.

That was 66 years ago....and I wasn't born. Not a cop-out....a fact. America's come to terms (as a nation) with the Japanese. I can live with that.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

If Iraq made a great car would you be as forgiving ? Iran? It won't be long until there is a Chinese offering. Are you OK with China's environment impact on the planets & their peoples health to look past their miss givings and buy one?

No feeling either way just asking , Jim

Quick Reply: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.