Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows

Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows

I bought some Cabon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows with 2" Blazer vanes. I read some where that the 2" Blazers last when shooting through a Wisker Biscuit. I was wondering who all uses these, and what your experience has been with them.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cabon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows

I have two hunting bows, a BowTech Allegiance and a BowTech Guardian, and I shoot the exact same setup as you. I have putover a hundred arrows through both bows with no visable wear either to the fletchings or the Biscuit.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:57 PM

I bought the carbon express hunter 350 in a 28" arrow with blazers and wraps. I chose thembecause of the charts and I think the spine is way to stiff with my bow set at 69#. I have maximas in a 350 and they shoot just like the400 spine arrows that I shoot, which are dead on. These carbon express hunter shafts have a real problem grouping. I had someone run all thisthrough a computer prgram using a Mathews solo cam bow and 250 would have been better.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the CE Maxima 350's and I love them. I have a bunch of Beman ICS and Gold Tip XT arrows just collecting dust now. I do have some fletched with the 2" Blazers but I shoot a drop-away, not a WB.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:16 PM

I probably have 1000 shots on my CX with Blazer arrows thru a WB
No problems so far
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Grandviewer

I bought the carbon express hunter 350 in a 28" arrow with blazers and wraps. I chose thembecause of the charts and I think the spine is way to stiff with my bow set at 69#. I have maximas in a 350 and they shoot just like the400 spine arrows that I shoot, which are dead on. These carbon express hunter shafts have a real problem grouping. I had someone run all thisthrough a computer prgram using a Mathews solo cam bow and 250 would have been better.
Our set-ups are similar, only I shoot 27 inch arrows. I use the 250's with great success, so it is possible that those poor shooting Maximas are overspined.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting themsince they came out, but I just went to the blazer vanes. Everything looks good.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHunterFett

I bought some Cabon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows with 2" Blazer vanes. I read some where that the 2" Blazers last when shooting through a Wisker Biscuit. I was wondering who all uses these, and what your experience has been with them.
Some of the finest arrows made. Not THE best, but awefully good. And the blazers are almost a must have with the WB....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input guys, it makes me feel more comfortable about these arrows. I hope they do last.