Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Would You Blame?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who Would You Blame?

Lets say you purchase a brand new bow, takes days to decide which one you like, the pro shop spends hours with you and is very helpful. After your purchase (2-months later) you noticed a blemish on your bow, take it back to the pro shop who looks it over and tells you there isnothing wrong with the bow, it is a blemish in the paint dipping which can happen during the process. The bow company themselves states in the warranty that paint, and/or paint dipping isn't covered in the warranty. Now do you blame the pro shop, the bow company, yourself, or do you just forget about it? Since there is nothing wrong with the bow

Old 08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who Would You Blame?

forget about it? Since there is nothing wrong with the bow
bingo
Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

forget about it? Since there is nothing wrong with the bow
bingo
x2....its only cosmetic.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

No blame. There could be a blemish on my bow, I just haven't inspected it that closely. It shoots fine and no paint blemishes jump out so why worry about it? It took 2 months to see it, how bad can it be?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 AM

well i would try and touch it up with sum paint a bow should look good for the money spent.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

My HC has the camo coming off on both limbs in 2 spots. My dealer will get them replaced N/C if I choose to.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

The consumer is always the final quality inspector. If a small flaw in the finish is something that will bother you, then you should give the bow a diligent examination before you pay for it. If anyone is to bear the blame in this kind of situation, it's on the buyer.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

If it's cometic, forget about it. I've had lots of blemishes over the years on many bows....It never effected how the bow shot, no big deal.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Especially around cracks and moving parts, lots of bows have minor spots where the paint didn't
catch it perfectly. Mine has a few blemishes, but I didn't care when I bought it and don't care now.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the deal:

I'm not the buyer, but I'm very good friends with the owner of the biggest archery pro shop here in NJ, matter of fact he won East Coast dealer of the year, and he is also an authorized dealer for many different bows. When people ask me where to go, I direct them to him. This person from another web site was asking for information on local pro shops, he ended up going there and after a total of 9 hours (spread out over weeks) he purchased a BowTech, he mentioned my name, and my friend even gave him a discount. Last week thebuyers father brought the bow in for inspection, my friend said all it is, is overlap of the paint dipping, other then that the bow is just fine, the father was "OK" with that. The buyer then called Bowtech complaining, so thy said bring it to another shop, they went to the Bowtech University, which if you don't know is just BS, cost over $1000, and they give the title and a bow, big deal, my friend who is a Bowtech dealer didn't attend, but has the Offical Binder of paper work that BowTech gives out to all dealers.My friend doesn't push certain brands of bows on customers, whatever you want he will set it up, with your choice of rest, sights, etc. if youask him for advice he will be straight with you. He was also informed by my friend and Bowtech that the paint/dip isn't covered under warranty

Quick Reply: Who Would You Blame?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.