Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

So, as some of you know I recently upgraded my stock Bowtech strings to Winner's Choice. Because this is what we sell in our store, I figured it best to represent that company rather than shoot a Bucknasty (sorry Gibblet.)

I've got probably 500+ shots through this string since upgrading and here are the results;

Bottom cam;

Top cam;

After contacting WC yesterday [Noah was their service rep, for those of you familiar with WC customer service], I was informed that nothing but a burr on my cam would cause their X-Coat serving to fray like this. Well, the stock Bowtech strings (both sets I've shot) didn't fray anything like this.

Alright, no big deal. I took the bow in to work with me today, tossed her on the press and pulled the cables. Guess what? No burrs, Noah.

So, should I contact WC tomorrow and demand new cables? Should I perhaps switch to a different brand?

What would you do?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Default RE: Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

well dont shoot them no more and get sum new strings
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 PM

I should also mention archery season opens September first.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would contact him and tell him you want new ones. Theres no reason for a string to do that if theres nothign wrong with your cams..and what are the odds of both being messed up anyway? Especially when your stock string was fine on there. I would not be happy after spending the money to upgrade. Hopefully they will take care of you.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd wonder why I was having serving separation issues with the first set of stock strings on this bow.....and why I was having similar issues with a new set of strings and cables.

THEN....I might blame the strings and cables.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd wonder why I was having serving separation issues with the first set of stock strings on this bow.....and why I was having similar issues with a new set of strings and cables.
Oh i was unaware that he was having serving separation issues with the orginal set? Is that the case Wash?

Jeff, I think he said that he stock set didnt fray at all
Old 08-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait till the x coat starts to peel where it goes through the cable guard and makes a chattering noise when drawing. That's when you will know you got your moneys worth out of it......[8D]
Old 08-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

How many times do we have to mention... Gibblet?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM

Jeff, the serving separation was over the top portion of the cam, if I remember correctly. I don't believe that it was where the cable connected to the cam. I could be mistaken, but it was a few months back. In either case, it was a separtation issue and not a fraying issue.

RJ, the entire cables aren't coated with X-Coat. X-Coat is something you have to request specifically anymore, I was smart enough not to request it. Noah mentioned it as what they wrapped the loops with.

Rev, as I mentioned, because of where I work and what we carry and how often I have my bow at work with me, I felt it best to use what we carry. I understand that Gibblet makes good quality strings. I understand the fact that he is a member here and we should definitely support him. However, we carry Winner's Choice and not Bucknasty strings.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I only mention it Wash.....because it isn't the first string/cable issue you've had with an '07 bow. Something sounds fishy.

That's all.

You've had an '07 bow in a press a bunch of times it seems. I was just pointing out the fact that I'd wan tto be SURE it was the strings/cables.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.