Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:10 AM

Default RE: Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

I would be more concerned if it were the same issue. The fine folks here at HNI attributed the last issue to the stock strings; happens to just about everyone.

I don't know. All I know is season is ten days away and this isn't kosher.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Banned

Demand replacement.I used to use Winners Choice but went with Vapor trail this year. Awesome string and no waiting on the order. To your door in two days instead of two weeks like a winner choice takes.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Host of Hosts

Come On Guys....You all know how Fussy Wash is.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Dominant Buck

happens to just about everyone.
I wasn't aware they were having issues with their strings/servings. Mine's fine.....same bow. That's the third set of strings/cables on an '07 bow.....and I have no idea how many times it's been in a press. Mine's been in one time.

If I were a detective......I'd simply want to make sure of the culprit before I made an arrest.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used Winner's Choice strings on a number of bows and haven't had anything but good things to say about them, but they are insanely expensive considering there are Bucknasty strings and cables, Vapor Trail strings and cables, and other alternatives that are of the same quality for nowhere near the price.

Considering you had these alternatives and chose to represent WC for your shop they should give you a new set no questions asked. Hopefully they'll come through and do the right thing for you.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine are perfect, and I've put well over 1000 shots through it so far this summer.

This is what they looked like the day I got them - and they still look the same. I am getting a little fuzzing on my serving at the nockpoint, but I haven't waxed it in a while.

Sounds like a factory defect to me - I'd get the replacements.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee quick... that looks a lot like a bow I've got too....

Same deal with the strings... no issues at all...

Wash I honestly don't think I've ever seen a string do that in that location on the cam studs. It may not be a burr, it just may be a fairly acute angle in the back... but as Jeff wrote, if you are on your THIRD set of strings on a 2007 bow then either something is wrong with the bow, or you are not caring for your strings properly. One way or the other, whether its a user issue or an equipment issue... something isn't right, and just replacing a string/cable isn't going to solve it.... its just a bandaide on a bullet wound.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:44 AM

Yes, this is the third set, two factory, one Winner's Choice.

The first set of factory strings was replaced with the second after I noticed separation over the top of the cam. After talking about it on here, Gibblet informed me that it happened on quite a few stock strings. The member you all keep mentioning said it was normal. I did not purchase this set. We had a spare set at work.

The Winner's Choice strings (I've gone with them in the past; I still have a set on my Jaguar) are less than a month old. I did not pay full price; I paid shooter's cost. This was a custom color set for less price than I could have purchased either a Bucknasty or Vapor Trail.

As for not taking care of my strings properly...

Anyway, I'll contact Winner's Choice this morning and get a new set of cables in the mail.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

As for not taking care of my strings properly...
You'd be suprised how many people don't wax their strings as often as they do their car. Keep in mind none of us have ever met you, so we don't have any clue as to how knowledeable or ignorant you are about bow work/repair/maintence.

Just trying to help you figure out a problem, and quite often its just something simple that gets casually or mistakenly overlooked... keep on like you are... I'll talk to you in another month when you are on set #4.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Swamp, trust me, I replace at least two strings day that look like lines of fuzz. I know all about proper string maintainance.

Quick Reply: Winner's Choice; Quality Bowstrings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.