Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bio logic HOT SPOT

Old 08-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Default bio logic HOT SPOT

i bought a bag of bio logic hot spot today at bass pro for 13 bucks when i was in st louis.. i was just wondering if any of you have tried this and what you think of it? what is the best time to plant it? is it too late now? (southern illinois) let me know what you guys think of it..
Old 08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bio logic HOT SPOT

never used hot spot, but i have used other bio-logic products and they seemed to work good. I started planting around this time of the year, but thats just me.I would watch the weather and put it out before a rain! It gives you recomended dates on the back of the package as well! GOOD LUCK
Old 08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

i used it. i didn't have any luck. i raked the soil, ph with lime and fertilized. didn't grow. it was in the woods with partial sun like the bag says. oh well. i to am in s. il
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 PM

well.. on the bag it says the more sunlight the better.. and it doesnt say anything about when to plant it..
Old 08-20-2007, 07:48 PM

look beyond what u see.

everything is not in plane sight. use your judgment talk to other hunters in the area talk to the clerk at ur local farm supply store.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

If I remember right it mostly contains wheat and buckwheat, which require it be planted at least 30 days prior to the first frost. I'd plant itbetween now and mid Sept. Most farmers plant wheat after the beans are harvested, watch for them planting and then you ought to be planting.