Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

British NBC Chemical suit?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 AM

Default British NBC Chemical suit?

I have seen ads for these suits that claim that work the same as scentloc. any information? I know the debate over scentloc being a waste of money but do the suits "work" like scentloc?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: British NBC Chemical suit?

I bought one of these from the Sportsman catalog long before Scent Loc came out or at least when they first came out and was twice as expensive. I know when I wore it, it left charcol all over the inside cloths I wore. Now if it keeps the body safe from chemicals warfare, why wouldn't it keep some (not all) human scent repressed?

Personally I'd like to hear all the naysayers discuss charcol use in chemical suits vs human suppression.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:03 AM

It makes sense that they would work. how was the suit for comfort? Ventilation etc. Miltitary uniforms are not known for the high comfort levels.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to hunt air-rifle with my native British army issue NBC suit and with air-rifle you need to be as close as bowhunting , i used the NBC suit with great effect and DPM pattern is a great woodland camo .NUFF SAID .

Oh and watch the charcoal on your underclothes , i drybrushed mine inside out before use .