Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on 4 blade muzzys

Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question on 4 blade muzzys

I used to shoot 125 grain 3 blade thunderheads. The broadheads and field points shot the same.This year I switched to the 4 blade muzzys and my bow shoots them a foot low and 6 inches to the left different than my field points. I have a wisker biscuit rest.
Anyone else have this problem and any advice?

Spudrow from Mo

Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question on 4 blade muzzys

Sounds like its out of tune.

Die Hard

27 Days!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM

Well obviously with the extra blade that arrow is gunna fly different due to the extra blade effecting the aerodynamics and flight of the arrow. Also is the grain different then your field tips? But im not a fan of any broadhead over 3 blades cause i personally think that at four you are just causing too much surface area touching the animal therefore more drag and friction and not as good of a cut or penitration as a 3 or 2 blade.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I was thinking that but when I shoot the Thunderheads it shoots great.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a tuning issue to me too. Most good broadheads these days can be made to hit the same place as field points.

Of course, if you are not interested in fine tuning your bow, you may be ok with re-sighting in your bow, as long as your group is as tight as you want it. That's an easy fix if you only want to shoot out to 30 yards or so.

If it was me, I would work on tuning it out, but then I'm kind of anal about that and it gives me something to do until season starts.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

I will tune it but I am of the opinion that the 4 th blade is making it shoot different since the 3 balde thunderheads shoot fine. All tips are of the same weight. It doesn't make sense to shoot field tips of one weight and broadheads of a different weight. Duh!

Spudrow from Mo
Old 08-19-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: spudrow
It doesn't make sense to shoot field tips of one weight and broadheads of a different weight. Duh!

Spudrow from Mo
There are some stupid people out there and glade to see you arent one of them
Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I know. I was just trying to be funny.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 100gr. 4 blade Muzzys and have for many years. They fly exactly like my field points. Everyone is always too quick to blame the broadhead. Learn to tune your bow. Not only will you get better flight but more energy will be delivered to your target. It's easy to mask the problem but you will not get the most from your set up until you do.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the advice. Everyone suggests it's a tuning problem. If so why do the thunderheads shoot true?

Spudrow from Mo

Quick Reply: Question on 4 blade muzzys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.