Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow camo options

Old 08-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow camo options

My bow does'nt come with much camo , so what options do i have to conceal it when i go hunting .
Is bow dipping expensive ? , do they do a sleeve that can go on the limbs ( like Burt Reynolds bow in Deliverance ) , there has to be something .

Dave

Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bow camo options

As long as it's not all real glaring I wouldn't worry about it. The woods is full of different shades and contrast. Movement is the thing you really have to worry about. Your bow is just fine like it is. Adding sleeves etc would probably only give you more places to catch it walking in or out and generate more noise. All our pretty camo toys otherthan maybe camoare mostly for our eye appeal. They do little to improve our chances. A bow is just another limb 20 feet up.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

On an older Bow I used to shoot it was all gray in color with no camo on it at all...I bought some of the 2-3 inch wide cloth/camo tape and wrapped it on the bow limbs to cover it up,it also comes off pretty easy later on if you want to remove it.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree as long as it is a flat color I wouldn't worry about it. Camo is overrated for sure. My dad has killed tons of deer and never wears camo.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, wouldn't worry much about camo on your bow (not much flat
surface area anyway).

One thing to watch out for might be a lot of shiny metal (maybe put camo tape on it).
I'm surprised that Bowtech puts silver cams on their hunting rigs. Although they aren't
highly reflective, it seems like they could still catch some light.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the above. TH elimbs look to be black and he riser brown so you should be fine. What kind of bow is that anyway?

ON EDIT: Nevermind, I see it your sig. That's a sweet rig.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Mike ,

Its a Merlin xs Wild oak model , made in the UK . Its fitted with the Viper speed cams . I was gonna import a Growler from the States , until Bigbulls told me about them . I gotta say , i love it . Quiver coming soon and other trick parts , Hope to be in the Staes next season hunting .

Dave
ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

I agree with the above. TH elimbs look to be black and he riser brown so you should be fine. What kind of bow is that anyway?

ON EDIT: Nevermind, I see it your sig. That's a sweet rig.