Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it the same everywhere??

Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default Is it the same everywhere??

Where I hunt there is so much BS that goes on between other hunters. Most of the time they are like a bunch of wash women. there is always drama about whos in these woods or whose in those woods or I found those wood first. Then you got the " hes a baiter, thats why he shoot big deer". You have people that feel they were there first and steal your stand or your camera... whatBS.Just venting!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Is it the same everywhere??

i hunt on private on land behind my house and have no probs. My neibor hunts it too but dont het nuttin ever. My other neibor shot my deer on m,y private land last day of the seson too.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 AM

If you hunt on public land or with a group of people i think there will always be some of that stuff going on
Old 08-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's the same everywhere.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

99% of my hunting is done on my property and friends/families property. The only time I ever hunt public is for squirrel and rabbit... and I still have permission to hunt private property for squirrel and rabbit. I always hear about stuff goin on in the government woods around here... I guess its just human nature. In the bible it tells you no one is perfect except for the lord; sin is everywhere... that applies in the hunting community as well. I've never had anything stolen, but I still have to put up with crap from pet peeves whos allowed to hunt my property... peeves really needs to just disappear [:@]
Old 08-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

We only have a problem with 1 other hunting party during rifle season. But we just make it a point to drive that section of woods before they get a chance to get out there and do it.
They think that just because they own the strip of land on the other side of the river that that they can come over and hunt push one of our guys' land whenever they want.

Then there was one other guy that was trespassing on another guys land that I hunt with. He was a dip****, he shot right towards one of our guys and ruined any shot oppouortunity at a BIG buck because the deer was right between the trespasser and our guy. He was told never to come back.

Other than that the guys in our area are all pretty respectful of other peoples land. They either ask permission or just know that we hunt that land, and they hunt their land. For the most part everybody around the area are pretty decent people.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That's Gospel.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

yep.....like that here....

rifle and flintlock hunting we have a group of guys that get together and do some driving. i met one guy one year as i was halfway through a drive. he asked if i was with the group. i was like yep! hes like oh. how many does did you guys kill on this drive? i was like uhhhh none...we really dont shoot does...if we do, its me and maaaaybe one or 2 a year tops. hes says ya! right! i heard about the time you guys shot about 20 on one drive...thats why there aint no deer around here! i said whered ya here that BS?!? hes like ahhh at the local watering hole. i laughed and said well theres your problem! and i kept on walkin.

all kinds of stories that fit this thread...but that one takes the cake.

or one of my buddies in a treestand opening morning of bow or rifle season...had to call the cops. guy came under his tree and said get out or he is shooting him out....
Old 08-19-2007, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That may very well be the one thing that's not location related....

Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

My "fellow hunters" rarely miss a chance to disappoint me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.