Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Butt Out tool; useful or crappy?

Old 08-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Butt Out tool; useful or crappy?

Wonder if it will work on mr limpbeard and his posts like it works on deer? You're removing the same thing, right?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:57 PM
dws

Looks like it might work pretty well when the ol roids are flaring up.[8D]
Old 08-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It worked on my butt.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Never saw the need for one of the butt out tools. I basically use the same format as GMMAT to remove the internal organs but I go one step further to help cool down the meat especiallyin the neck. On deer I don't want to mount Ialso cut from the bottom of the lower jaw all the way through to the esophagus. Following the esophagus I continue my cutdown the throat to the cut I made through the chest wall when gutting the deer. The esophagus is easily removed. This pretty much completely opens the deer for faster cooling.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't waste your money, a good knife has been doing the job for hundreds of years!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atlas got one. I'm sure he will give you an opinion on it.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't waste your money, a good knife has been doing the job for hundreds of years!

As usual you guys give advice on something you have never used. A good stick bow has done the job for hundreds of years, most hunters now use compounds.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 AM

Yes they do, but they don't use a compound AND a stick bow which is what we are talking about. You already have a tool that will work, why carry another one? I mean that is great if you are hunting on your own land and you are dragging it back to your barn or something, but then why not do what the others here do and just open the whole thing up.

Nobody said it was useless or a piece of crap that didn't work and no one should buy it. I and a few others simply stated that we can do the same thing with the knife we carry, so why carry an extra tool that is redundant and only serves one purpose. I would rather carry a spare knife (which I do).

I feel the same way about a gut hook honestly, I tried one and feel a sharp knife works just as well. That is only my opinion though, if you want to use one feel free.

Paul
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

As usual you guys give advice on something you have never used.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 AM

I will say it for the second time like you did we are not giving advice, we are giving our opinions on what we think of the product if we would use or not.

Do you use it? If so what do you think of it? Is it worth carrying the extra item around with you? If you are going to post at least make a contribution to the topic.

At least our posts have something to do with the topic, not just a post to irritate others and stir the pot. If you have something constructive to say, say it.

It's not rocket science I'm sure the thing works, there is even a guy saying it works great. I don't care if it works, I don't need it, so I'm not buying one. How freakin' hard is that concept to understand? If you want one get one, I don't control your finances.

And by the way, double posting is annoying, even when it's done by accident, its really annoying when you do it on purpose. HINT.

Paul

Quick Reply: Butt Out tool; useful or crappy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.