Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First ever outdoor 3D tournament....

Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default First ever outdoor 3D tournament....

Young Buckmstr101 contacts me last night about a 3D tournament about an hour from me in VA. Get up this morning and decide to try it.

No preconceived notions......new territory. I find out I'm shooting hunter class......with targets to 40 yds. OK....

I don't remember more than 1 or 2 inside 25yds...lol....but it was as realistic as it gets. No known yardages.....hills, valleys, ravines......alligator....Hyena(sp?).....turkey, deer, bear, hogs.....you name it....we shot at it.

269.....tried every shot.....30 targets. I'm whooped.....but ready to try it agin, sometime.

Thanks, Arron for letting me know about this.....and we'll do it again, soon.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Bartender

Default RE: First ever outdoor 3D tournament....

Sounds good Jeff, I need to go try something like that with no yardage markers.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like you shot pretty good Jeff. Keep my team mate in practice, he is gonna down a good one.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Young Buckmstr101 contacts me last night about a 3D tournament about an hour from me in VA. Get up this morning and decide to try it.

No preconceived notions......new territory. I find out I'm shooting hunter class......with targets to 40 yds. OK....

I don't remember more than 1 or 2 inside 25yds...lol....but it was as realistic as it gets. No known yardages.....hills, valleys, ravines......alligator....Hyena(sp?).....turkey, deer, bear, hogs.....you name it....we shot at it.

269.....tried every shot.....30 targets. I'm whooped.....but ready to try it agin, sometime.

Thanks, Arron for letting me know about this.....and we'll do it again, soon.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:56 PM

3d can certainly be alot of fun. Watch out, it's addicting... Sounds like a good day to me, nice shooting Tex....
Old 08-18-2007, 05:59 PM

I shot my first ever 3D shoot in Texas the day after i got my new bow. The same class but it was out to 35 yds unmarked. I shot a 297 on 30 targets. Went back to next day to practice and shot 267.I think my peep moved. Oh well, glad you had fun. It is great practice and very relaxing...
Old 08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did they count center 11's or offset 12's?

It's a bit different outdoors isn't it...........[8D]
Old 08-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

First ever, good shooting Jeff....
Old 08-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not bad, but it's all about location
Old 08-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't realize you had only shot indoors prior to this. I love outdoor shoots. They are what got me into 3d. It sounds like you hada good time. Be careful it can be addicting and you'll find yourself trying to find one every weekend if you're not careful.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 PM

The club I belong to in Maryland has one about every two weeks in the summer, its definitely addicting! We've got a ton of targets, we're getting a Raptor (Jurassic Park) from Rineharts soon, we've got towers for elevated shooting... I love 3d.

Ken

Quick Reply: First ever outdoor 3D tournament....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.