Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first deers

Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My first deers

Last Year i shot three deer 1 buck and 2 does, and this was with a bow.
Well any way i have been hunting for 3 years ( the first year was just a see and learn type of thing)
it was just a little 6 pointer, it was a little bit wide and not very tall.
I shot it right threw the lungs and it ran about 50 yards and droped and i was so happy. My dad was pushing and iw as sittin in the stand and when he got back he said" Did you get any thing?" And i said "Yeah" and then i pointed to the dear and it was laying right there dead but we were'nt for sure so we just waited about 20 mins than went over to check and then we got it and i was so happy.
First Buck ever
and then the 2 does i got i shot on the same farm and i was sittin on a log where i see lots of deer run by and i stood up a few secconds to stretch my legs out because i was sitting there awhile and i look over and coming down the hill was 2 bucks and 5 does.
so i hurried and sat down and i was like "HOLY ****" Well in my mind i was. and they were about 10 feet away so i pulled back and iw as waiting for like 5 secs and then the deer run right in front of me and sense i already used my buck tag i couldn't shoot any of the bucks so they ran by and then all of them went to fast and then i look over and 2 more does come, a prettyy nice doe and a little baby one.
Well i had it pulled back and the big doe steps 5 feet away i mean i could touch it almost so i was shaking so bad from all the excitement i shot and the deer jumped and it was so shaky because i was so excited and worried that i didn't really get any time to aim threw the peep site lol because iw as shaking so i just pretty much leg it go and i didn't see where it hit so i sat down and off ran that big doe with a arrow some here in it and i looke around and the little baby doe was still there standing and stairing at me so i just stared at it also and then about 5 mins later it ran off and that baby doe was reaching laength from me but i guess it got scared of me and my bow .
Well my dad got back from pushing and he goes did you see that huge buck that ran this way and i said yeah but it was like 200 yards away and he goes oh well that thing was huge and i go well guess what and he said what and i go i go a doe and then he goes did you really?
and well we stood there talking about it and then we went and found it and i looked down just 40 yards away was the doe (just 40 yards away from where i was sitting on the log) and we got over there and there was a broken arrow sticking out of its butt lol i geuss thats where i shot it and i think it might of his a artery or something, but i shot it in the butt and it ran 40 yards, droped, and died.
I was so confused after that.

the first deer i shot was the first ltitle doe, i was walking to my stand when my dad and mom were at a rock concert and i was walking and i stoped becuase i heard something move and i look a little more and there standing is a doe and it started eating so when ever it looked some where i just quitely and slowly krept closer to it and then i got close enough after 5-10 mins of going i had a shot so i shot i missed, it went under the deer like 1 inch probally so the deer ran about 10 yards and stoped and looked again.
Well i guess the deer like that spot and found some good food because it started eating some more and i was like what the lol so the i kreptt up again to try and get another shot and i pulled it back and i shot and hit the deer like a 1inch behind the heart. but it ran 20 yards and dropped so i just feel down on my butt and just started calling my grandpa to tell him i shot one.
and well the deer is only like 30 yards away from me so after 10 mins i go over there and touch it with my bow to see if its alive or dead and it turned out dead
So i called my dad and he is like No way you did not get one and im like yeah i did. And hes like That stinks i wasn't there to see you get it.
And well it turned out all the deer i shot that year he didn't see me get any one of them. lol because he was pushing.
and well those are my deer hunting stories
and im only 12 and when i shot those deer i was 11.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first deers

Congrats on the deer! Good stories to
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank you, to bad i deleted the pictures i had of the buck, it was onl a 6 but it was a big one for my very first buck ever.

sense deer hunting is oming around again i should look for those big 15 pointers on our farm.

we have 2 HUGE 15-16 pointers roaming our land. and some pretty big 10s.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot Them, then take pics!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i meant show the pic of the ones i already shot but i will try for those bigger ones this year and then post the pics on here.