Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I NEED HELP?!?!?!?

Old 08-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Spike

Default I NEED HELP?!?!?!?

I went horseback riding with my girlfriend and her sister, they keep thier horses on a beautiful 70 acre farm in Delaware. When we got back two of the biggest bucks I have ever seen strolled out and started grazing. Long story short the people who live on the farm rent it, they have hunted it in the past. The whole area is owned by what is called the Woodlawn Trustee's, from what I have read they don't allow hunting on public property but would that apply to the farm or not? The people who live on the farm have been there 30 years, the husband has shot deer and he said he nieghbor has tried also. Does anyone have any idea if I can hunt this or not? What kind of trouble could I get in with written permission?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Default RE: I NEED HELP?!?!?!?

That be a good guestion. I would say if the rent the whole land and have horses on it and if they give you permission then it will fall on there shoulders if you a caught as far as you know they have control of the land. Just my .02 cents and thats about all its worth though
Old 08-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Generally around here the renter gets the hunting rights, unless specifically worded in the contract that the owner is retaining those rights…. But it’s not worth getting in trouble over. Personally, I would try and find out for sure before hunting.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 PM

Try getting a hold of the Woodland Trustee's. To see what they say.