Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leaning arrow

Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Leaning arrow

Just wondering if you guys knew if my arrow is supposed to be leaning. The nock end seems to be sitting up higher than the tip end when it is just sitting nocked and on the rest before I pull it back. Is it supposed to be like that? The guy at the pro shop set up the bow, but I don't know if he just kept it the way it was on the other bow, or moved it into that position. Any thoughts?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Leaning arrow

I would get yourself a good bow square. Has your knocking point changed? Did your rest drop? Draw your bow back and start there to see if anything has moved. Your knocking point should be fairly level with your rest. You can get an Allens Bow Square, Knocking Pliers and Knock Points from Wal-Mart for around 9-10.00, comes in a kit. It was the best thing I have ever purchased. Now I can change rests, and knocks know im going to be square.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM

Well I have a string loop, not sure if it slid up on the bow string, or the guy at the pro shop never adjusted the rest for the arrow to sit level. The arrow should sit level when nocked and sitting on the rest, right?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:56 AM

Do you have a drop away rest? ,ie trophy taker
Is is leaning at full draw? If this was done at a pro shop, call him and ask him.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Why do you ask if he has a Trophy Taker drop away rest? I do is there something I should be weary of?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:43 AM

If you have a fall away rest,, like the Trophy Taker,, your arrow will be like that,, when you draw the bow, it will raise to level for the shot. If you dont have a fall away rest, you want it to be level or close to it.. but that being said, when I shot a non fall away rest, I always got better arrow flight with the nock end of my arrow about 1/16th inch higher than perfectly level. Don know why, but thats how I always set up, and it paper tuned perfectly. Do you have any pics of it?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM

Also, if you dont have a fall away rest, youll need to find which item moved on you.. the rest or your string loop. Hold the bow up with an arrow nocked and look at the shaft where it crosses the riser of the bow. It should be centered, or at the bottom of the hole where the rest bolts to the bow. If it is, then check the square of the arrow to your string.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Evedently you dont have much knowledge of your bow. Before you screw something up and hurt yourself, I say take it back to the pro shop and ask them.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:48 AM

It is a new box and I am not 100% familiar with it YET. I just noticed while shooting yesterday and was curious if anyone had an opinion on it. You can offer an opinion, but don't be rude.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:03 AM

Besides, it isn't like the arrow is at a 45 degree angle. The nock is less than an inch above the rest!

Quick Reply: Leaning arrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.