Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leaning arrow

Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Default RE: Leaning arrow

I have a rip cord rest. It locks in the up position, so it doesn't have to raise itself up when I draw. This way the rest doesn't raise up, it just falls away when the shot is released. That is why I was asking if anyone elses arrow is leaning.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:08 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cajun Chiro

It is a new box and I am not 100% familiar with it YET. I just noticed while shooting yesterday and was curious if anyone had an opinion on it. You can offer an opinion, but don't be rude.
How is it shooting, good or does it seem off ??
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM

It shoots OK, not as good as my last bow. While watching the arrow in flight, it looks as if it is struggling to straighten itself out. I will shoot three arrows and two out of three are pretty good. It just feels like something isn't right.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

take it back to where you got it. Have someone look at it. It doesn't sound right to me.
You will still need to paper tune your bow before it shoots great,but you need to start with a healthy bow. I shot a bow that had the nock point set to high for a whole year before some one noticed it. If your bow isn't right then they should fix it. You could leave it the way it is and tune it, but it will only cause problems down the road. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get my sight to adjust low enough. It was because my nock point was to high.If you don't want to take back there then take it to another shop. You needto get it set up right before you can start stacking up arrows with it.

[/align]
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

If your nocking point is an inch above your Ripcord whenthe restis in the up and locked position then no it absolutely is not set up correctly. If it is an inch above the rest when the rest is in the down position then it may or may not be set up correctly.

Most bows willneed the nock 1/16th of an inch or sohigher than the rest when the rest is in the up positionwhen the bow is sitting there with out being drawn.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ripcord is very similar to a QAD. These rests seem to work best witha nocking point slightly above level. The force of the arrow upon the rest at the release lets the small internal cam break over so the rest falls out of the way. When I say higher, I mean 1/16th to 1/8 of an inch. That is at full draw and is stated in the QAD directions. 1/8 is a good starting point, and then just make small tweaks from there. Good luck bud.

Shane
Old 08-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not beeing a smart azz. Just telling what you should already know. If you buy a car and dont know how to fixx it what do you do? Take it to someone who does! Bottom line.