Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Take the time

Old 08-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Take the time

With many seasons already open and many more soon to open, I thought I would share a small suggestion. When you have that great moment of success and you are kneeling over that animal, take a moment to grasp the gravity of what you just accomplished. You ended the life of that animal in order to further preserve your own or someone else's life. Take a moment and thank God for the ability, opportunity, and the life of that animal,or if you do not believe then just take a minute to think in depth of what has transpired. It really does make the success just that much sweeter.

Please feel free to add anything that you like to do in order to add to the experience.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Take the time

Awesome post huntingson and alot of that said can be in every walk of life, your health, your family etc...

Each and every time I walk up on my downed whitetail, I place my hand in it's neck, chest whatever and run my hand down over it's hide and say to myself, "I am the first human to ever lay hands on this creature". I thank my creator and say a little something to the animal itself. I have a sense of success, satisifaction and sorrow all at the same time. It's hard to explain but something I know many (not all) of you share. Good post.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel the same way you two do.....which is why I've posted in the past that I can't get into the post shot high-fiving, whoop it up mode. It means something different to us all.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great post. Not only when hunting but I thank God for the opportunity to walk his creation everyday.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I often times need to "step back" and settle myself so as to not let the impending work ahead of me (getting the deer out & butchered) dampen my moment of success.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

I love it, always give glory to God!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: huntingson

With many seasons already open and many more soon to open, I thought I would share a small suggestion. When you have that great moment of success and you are kneeling over that animal, take a moment to grasp the gravity of what you just accomplished. You ended the life of that animal in order to further preserve your own or someone else's life. Take a moment and thank God for the ability, opportunity, and the life of that animal,or if you do not believe then just take a minute to think in depth of what has transpired. It really does make the success just that much sweeter.

Please feel free to add anything that you like to do in order to add to the experience.

I agree, good post !!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Great Post. And if you've got kids, that will be the most memorable part of the hunt. And that memory is the most important of them all.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good post.
I always take a moment out of respect for the deer and to give thanks. After that I try to make sure I get some good pics and jot some notes in my field journal. That is one thing I have really improved on lately is keeping a good journal w/pics if possible on most hunts not just successful ones. It's good to be able to sit down and look at my past journalsand remember success, failures, things seen, etc. and to have a few pics helps meeven more to relive those seasons, time spent with myfamily & friendsand remember howlucky I am.

Good luck and stay safe to everyone this season.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great post.

The pic in my avatar "Thank you God" by Des McCaffrey is hanging over me at work right now. My wife got it for me for my birthday. I really like the print as I think it show great respect for the animal taken. I admit I never used to do that but I have started to think more about all of it over the past few years.

Quick Reply: Take the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.