Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep sight

Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep sight

Is the peep sight necessary? This thing is really frustrating me and everytime I try to adjust it, it is slightly off. The peep is really small, so I thought about getting a larger one, but I don't know??

Does anyone on here not use a peep?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peep sight

I also have a problem with the peep. Everything goes blurry when I use it, So instead I use the cross hair sight I have on m bow.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, well I am thinking of taking it off and just using my sights. I just wondered if I was the only guy doing this, apparently not.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use a kisser button.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

I no longer use a peep. I took it off because when Im out hunting I want to be able to see my whole target, Take in more light with my eyes and see my surroundings. With a peep you are limited to what you see. But when you take your peep off you have to have perfect form or else your arrows will go in different directions every time. Also after you take your peep off you sights might need a little adjusting.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

And use a kisser button to keep your anchor point the same every time.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using the peep as a reference point (like a kisser) and have been shooting tight groups at 25 yds. Thought about taking it off, but would be lost with out it now.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mdbowhunter16

And use a kisser button to keep your anchor point the same every time.
What is a kisser button? I always bring my right index knuckle and place it behind my ear for a good anchor. I might be interest in this kisser button idea.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Closest explanation I can come to (I suck at explaining, I just know) is the kisser anchors on your cheek. Should come to the same spot every time. I am sure some one else on here can add their 2 cents with a better explanation.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

A KISSER BUTTON ATTACHES TO YOUR STRING AND YOU CRIMP OR TIE IT IN PLACE WHICH SHOULD BE AT THE CORNER OF YOUR MOUTH. TOUCH YOUR NOSE TO THE STRING AND YOU HAVE A POSITIVE ANCHOR SPOT. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THIS POSITIVE ANCHOR SPOT YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING AT YOUR PINS THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME. GOOD LUCK.

Quick Reply: Peep sight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.