Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dont Hurt Me

Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dont Hurt Me

Ok guys, I was bored today so I took a video of me shooting. I've been trying to work on lowering my elbow and anchoring my hand to my jaw area more. Check it out and any pointers are welcome. Oh by the way, I know I look legally retarded with that pose at the end there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cPX0Xnzk5w
Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Dont Hurt Me

about all id say is hold your follow through a little longer

*it also looks like your jerking your release...you shouldnt know when its gonna go off
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where do I start???
Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

\Oh by the way, I know I look legally retarded with that pose at the end there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cPX0Xnzk5w
Agreed...haha, just messin
Old 08-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know your gonna get alot of ribbing and smack for putting this on here , I hope you can take it .
From what I saw when you were at full draw , you didn't have your bow arm striaght and you let down too soon.
How many pounds are you pulling , you might want decrease your poundage alittle so you'll be able to hold it at full draw longer.
I don't think you look retarded ... not legally anyway , a little mental maybe .
Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to agree hold your follow through arm straighter and if you hit your arm turn your elbow slighly away from your bow straightening your forarm. Then you will not twang your arm.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

You yanked the trigger...your head came up to see the shot thus the comments on the follow through. The shot should be a surprised, you triggered it with your finger and not back tension.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You yanked the trigger...your head came up to see the shot thus the comments on the follow through. The shot should be a surprised, you triggered it with your finger and not back tension.
Ya I noticed that big time from watching it, and I guess I can thank TechoHunt for that habit. But how can I stop this? Thanks again

You know your gonna get alot of ribbing and smack for putting this on here , I hope you can take it .
From what I saw when you were at full draw , you didn't have your bow arm striaght and you let down too soon.
How many pounds are you pulling , you might want decrease your poundage alittle so you'll be able to hold it at full draw longer.
I don't think you look retarded ... not legally anyway , a little mental maybe .
I think I do this because I hold the bow so lighty, and I was concentrating on my form for the camera so much that I sped things up. I have no problem holding it back its just a bad habit I have of not doing it right, but I'll be sure to work on it. As for your little comment at the end, I'd rather be a little mental and young than a little mental and old.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

You'll accomplish a LOT by shortening up that release so that your index finger lays about halfway over the trigger. You reached out for it and looked like you just barely got the last digit of your finger on it, and then punched it (a better visual may be thinking about it like pulling a trigger).

Your hand should not be hunched up after shortening the release; rather, it should be straight and in line with your forearm all the way back to the bend in your elbow. Think of your trigger finger as remaining static; in other words, you're going to actually try NOT to move it at all. You want it to be a stationary force which triggers the release AS YOU PULL YOUR HAND BACK INTO THE RELEASE. You'll accomplish that by squeezing your shoulder muscles together -- which is why it's important to not be overdrawn (too long a draw length). If your draw length is too long, it's pretty hard to use back tension to pull your hand into the release properly.

I'd say start there. If you learn how to trigger your release properly, that's 90% of the battle.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

quote:

Ya I noticed that big time from watching it, and I guess I can thank TechoHunt for that habit. But how can I stop this? Thanks again
Practice with your eyes shut up close and personal so you know you won't miss. Learn to trigger it with back tension and not worry about where it's going to hit...once you've mastered that, move back, open your eyes and apply what your body learned at the target. If executed correctly and with concentration, the shot will be a surprise and the arrow will be on mark.

Quick Reply: Dont Hurt Me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.