Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

T.V. hunting pros

Old 08-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default T.V. hunting pros

I'm not posting this to start a feud over the actual hunters on tv just the way they produce there shows! The things that make so madd is the fill in stuff after the kill--When they show the hunter an guide sneakin up on the dead animal scared he /her is gonna jump up get them ---WHY DON'T THEY JUST ASK THE CAMERA MAN HE IS STANDING ON TOP OF THE ANIMAL?----Lets here what gets ya'lls goat?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Default RE: T.V. hunting pros

From what I understand in that situation is they are just showing a different angle of what is happening. I watch only a select few shows and nothing about them gets me mad. I watch the Monster Bucks series, Realtree Roadtrips, and Nocked and Loaded.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of things that gets my "Goat" is when a Hunter gets his or her deer and they show the deer from the back side or barely even show the deer they shot after hunting it for so long I say give the deer its 15 minutes of fame!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

It cracks me up when they show the hunters "looking" for the dead deer too. It's like they forgot where the set their camera.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I watch Primos "Truth about Hunting" and "Realtree Roadtrips" No setting up, no faking. It's all taped when it happens. Realtree Roadtrips is my most favorite tv show. It's not just about the hunt... its after the hunt, cuttin fool, and having a great time not just hunting but also at the lodge or where ever he is.

I forgot what show it is... (theres probably plenty like this), but I remember that this guy was stalking a hog, and the camera man would be following behind him. Then, all of the sudden, POOF! The camera man was in front of the hunter filming him "stalk" and "set up" for the shot. FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hate the fake stuff as well however being involved in filming footage for DVD's ect...it's very, very difficult to get all the pre footage prior to the kill with just one camera. I do however hate poor acting. The Kisky's were/are famous for this, more so in the past, Candy is better than she once was.

I like hunting shows showing real time events....the Primos do well in The Truth....

But again, like I said, it's tough.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

I sort of miss the way the old videos were shot. Usually one cameraman behind the hunter as he took up the trail or one with the hunter in the tree. I too like it better in realtime with no recreation later on. One last thought, I also believe it to be more professional and honest when the hunter says the shot made was not as good as he/she wanted. If a hunter was off a bit then say it.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:14 PM

I sort of miss the way the old videos were shot.
Amen to that, it was just two guys in a tree and it wasn't a "hunter" and a "cameraman", it was just two guys, one just happened to be hunting while the other tried catching it on camera. I am sick of watching videos just to see a 10 second video shot of a guys bow hanging on the holder which just so happens to be angled perfectly so the name on the limb takes up the entire screen. Same with the shots of the name on the treestands, or the LaCrosse name on the boots, ect...
Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. The cutaways are irritating most if not all of the time. [&:]I really hate when, as BowKnutt mentioned, the cameraman is near to the animal and it shows the hunter(s) "sneaking" up. COME ON! I'm not THAT dumb!!!

If your footage is so poor that you can't get the real deal, heat of the moment action,then don't show it!!!! [:@]
Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Here is what I dislike about these hunting shows. All of them do this. They walk up on the deer laying dead (we know they have already found the deer) and there lays the deer with its tongue stuck back in its mouth. I have never once came upon any of the deer Ive killed and its tongue stuck in its mouth. Cut the fake crap and show what naturally happened. Also I havent seen very many blood trails on these shows. Are they really educating others here. I would love to see the shot, blood trail and them for once come upon the deer with its tongue stuck out...

Quick Reply: T.V. hunting pros

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.