Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iam crazy for doing this

Old 08-10-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Iam crazy for doing this

Iam just getting back into hunting after 23 years,my first big hunting trip is going to an outfitter in buffalo county,i told the guy iam just getting back into hunting,he said thats fine,iam hoping to learn alot on this hunting trip,plus iam going in early october,what are my chances
Old 08-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Iam crazy for doing this

With an outfitter your chances should increase if the man knows what he is doing, Just practice a little and get your shooting back up to par. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Your hunting in one of the best areas in the US.If it stays as hot and dry as it has been you might do well over water. I'd be shooting a lot and be ready for the moment of truth. Primtime bucks dvd have been showing some guys hunting in buffalo county early in the season over water in the last couple of years with good success. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have been hunting BC for 6 years on private land and you did pick a good place to go.. Did you talk to ted personally.. He is a great guy.. My brother and I go down their every year and just glass and video some of his bucks... Never hunted with him but know him and he runs a Class AAA place their with huge bucks... Take your time and dont get to itchy... It has been very hot and dry but they have gotten some good rains in the southern part of the state and hunting water will be very good early.. Not sure when you will be going but you will be well taken care of... His bunk house is awesome and you will see some good bucks.. Ask him to look at some photos of what he has taken this year and get an idea on what is in the area and hold out for a good one...It can be hard but with ted you will get a oppurtunity I am sure.. He knows his land well and wants his clients to leave witha trophy of a lifetime...Good luck and shoot straight...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:06 AM

Thanks for the responses,iam going from Oct 8 to the 12,plus the place iam going to isbuffalo county buck connection. Ive been shooting everyday,,and reading as much as i can.thats why i like this site so much.thanks