Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How have your summer fund raising projects been going?

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default How have your summer fund raising projects been going?

I know a lot of us take on summer projects to help fund our hunting obsession. Just curious to see how it's going. I've been picking wild black berries for a month now. I pick almost every evening from 5 til dark and in the am and pm on the weekends. I'm up to 154 GALLONS so far, hoping to hit 175. Last year was my previous best with 105, so I've smashed that mark. I normally sell them all to a local guy who makes wine with them, but he had too many left over from last year. So we've been selling them at farmer's markets and out of the front door. Sold all so far.My hands have been stained purple for the last few weeks and I'm covered with scratches from my elbow to my fingers. I'd hate to guess how many thorns I have in my hands. I hope to use the $ to pay for hotel room instead of sleeping in my truck when I go out of state to hunt next month. Will also buy odds and ends stuff like new boots, scent, etc...Sure looking forward to the berries drying up so I can focus my attention on scouting.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How have your summer fund raising projects been going?

154 gallons,Man that's Alot of Berries!

I have been working on Saturdays for about 3 months.Doing what i do every day construction work.Im ready to go hunting on saturdays.Trying to get enough $ forthat new cuddeback and some camo.