Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad bowshop experience: RANT

Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad bowshop experience: RANT

Just venting here. Feel free to yourself about any of your experiences.

Well, it all started with abnormal serving separation near the bottom cam on my Vectrix. After doing some web surfing it appears that this is pretty common among Vector cam owners. A design flaw in the bottom cam in the form of a sharp V-groove is tearing up the serving. According to a post on AT, Hoyt redesigned the bottom cam after learning about this problem. That, whether a myth or not, is still yet to be determined because according to my Hoyt Dealer,it's news to him.

Anyway, my bowshop's fix was to file away and smooth out that V-groove and to fix the chewed up serving. It would've been all fine except when I got the bow home, I realized that thecord that goes from my Ripcord drop-away to the bowstring is all twisted up and wrapped around the bowstring. The reason is because the shop didn't put the same amount of twist back into the bowstring when they reinstalled it. I can tell because everywhere else on the entire run of all the string(s) there is one twist per half inch. The area where he repaired has one twist per 2 inches.

This lack of twist in the string itself actually isn't that big a deal to me but the ripcord's cordtwisted around the bowstring just can't be there. Well to fix the problem, I undid the part of the rest that holds thecord attachment so I could physically untwist it around the bowstring so I can reinstall it correctly. Well, as can be expected from a novice, I created another problem trying to fix the bowshop's problem. I bent the obviously delicate spring inside the Ripcord and am now waiting for one to be shipped to me.

It just pisses me off that there was no attention to detail on the bowshop's part. This is the reason I have my own engine hoist and complete set of air tools.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:22 AM

Default RE: Bad bowshop experience: RANT

I understand where you're coming from. Some shops do not have any respect for someone's equipment. Thats why I'm trying to get all the neccessary tools to repair/maintain my bow myself. If you want something done; you have to do it yourself.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I understand where you're coming from. Some shops do not have any respect for someone's equipment.
Tell me about it, once I was at that same shop and one of the owners who was a lady couldn't draw mybrand new Vectrixso she anchored her foot(shoe) against the grip and proceeded to draw it that way.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow that sucks