Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you been seeing?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Default What have you been seeing?

I want to see if this year has been good for everyone else. Yes I know the season hasn't started yet, but everyone has been scouting. You don't have to say where you are at, but at least say what you have been seeing. So far this year I have seen more bucks than does. And every single one has been legal. I have seen more big bucks this year, than any other year. Sadly, I don't have any pictures. I mainly see these guys when we are leaving the area, doing mock one and then have to slam on the brakes. And those bucks don't move when we do that, so we get a good look at them. Most have been big black tails, at least 3 or 4 points. So, what else is out there?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What have you been seeing?

I had one nice buck and about half dozen scrubs,I saidHAD on the nice one because he got hit buy a car so I hope Ohio pans out.But then again you never know what may visit during the rut.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM

Yeah that is true, you never know what is going to pop out. There was a 4 point hanging out at my parents house until he got hit by a car. But the archery season here starts Aug. 18, so hopfully I can see these guys then too.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Out here in western PA. I have seen some huge bucks while scouting and alot of does with fawns. Very few small bucks.The only odd thing is thatwhile im out scouting I am seeing alot of very young fawns. way to young for this time a year. I've been getting pretty excited about hunting archery season starts in about a month.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really haven't seen a lot of deer this year, however, I have seen quite a few turkey. A lot more turkey than what I normally see during the late summer fall time frame. I am sure that most of the deer aren't moving around a lot down here in Texas with the hotter weather. Most likely the deer are doing a lot of their movement at night...