Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Binoculars & Bowhunting?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Binoculars & Bowhunting?

ORIGINAL: tlutterba

I use a Siemens bino camera. It has great vision and also has a camera built into it. So if you don't get a shot on the monster you can at least prove ya saw it.. A good cheap website to check out is www.opticsplanet.com They have binos for cheap
Thanks for the link I am going to check them out.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use my Burris FullField II camo 10x42 all the time....I look thry them m ore than my naked eyeballs.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:30 AM

Gotta use those binos while hunting. I believe it definitely has allowed me to pick up on more deer. This works in two ways, for me, if the deer is coming down the "anticipated" trail I know it is time to get ready, or if I continue to see deer in a different area it allows me to locate and pinpoint a spot I might want to try and setup on.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Rookie Bowhunter

I use mine A LOT! and I love my Diamondbacks 10x42 Vortex...best quality for the price IMHO

i have not heard any good things about stieners. you should seriously consider these. they are a very good glass and reasonably priced. i had a pair of rangers by the same company and they are well worth it.i'm looking at getting a vortex spotting scope. the companywill stand behind their product. i think you would be very happy with them.

www.eagleoptics.com

whatever you get i would strongly recomend an 8x42. they are great for low light. you won't need a 10 power and they are difficult to hold steady.
good luck
Old 08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

If your hunting in fairly thick brush then you really don't need to be glassing that far. I have a pair of Zeis 10x20 Victory'sthat are great. I bought my wife a pair of Zeiss 8x30 Diafun'sand fell in love with them. I went out and bought me a pair of Zeiss 10x30 Diafun's. (Still available at Fry's Electronics for under 3 bills) It is amazing how bright they make everything look during magic hour. I tend to use my 10x30's for scouting and gun hunting. My 10x20's when bow hunting. They are smaller and lighter and since I also have my Nikon Range Finder around my neck It helps me not be to loaded down.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nikon Monarch 8x42... I see deer that I never knew were there without!