Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Binoculars & Bowhunting?

Old 08-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Binoculars & Bowhunting?

I use mine all the time. Just make sure you get a quality pair with good, multicoated optics. Spending a lot of time looking through glass will give you a headache if they aren't good ones.

I have Nikon 8x25's, but a friend of mine has a set of Monarch 10 x 36 and I will be getting a set of those. Nikon's have incredibly clear vision....
Old 08-09-2007, 03:04 PM

I have a pair of Burris that were around 300 bucks. They are 8x40 and gather light very well in lowlight conditions. I keep them around my neck with the Bino Buddy system that enables you to have them accesible but let go when Mr Big shows up. No bouncing around like the typical straps do. Theydon't get in the way of releasing your bow either.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Spike

I love leupold's wind river line. I have a 8 X 42 that is perfect for bow hunting. I can't remember the model I got, cascade? but it was under $200 and I must say, it lives up to leupold's reputation.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM

I have read the book too! (Wild at Heart) And I've been to a BOB weekend--good stuff! You wouldn't happen to be John Eldridge would you?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure John Elridge wouldn't frown on hunting, but I don't see him as a hunter, more of a hiker.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Spike

No, I'm just a big fan of his books. I'm going to read the one he and his wife wrote "Captivating" as soon as I finish the book I'm currently reading. How was the retreat? It sounds great.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:46 PM

The retreats were awesome. It was really a special time. I haven't read that one,but I heard about it. I have several cd's that I listen to regularly. Good stuff!
Old 08-09-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

I'm sure John Elridge wouldn't frown on hunting, but I don't see him as a hunter, more of a hiker.
I do believe that I remember hearing or reading that he does hunt--elk I believe. I know he wouldn't object regardless.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Finally got smart and bought a pair of Nikon ATB 8x42s...
Dang...Us nc guys are smart!

Greg/MO talked me into buying the same pair, last year. Best non-bow-related purchase I've made for hunting.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I use a Siemens bino camera. It has great vision and also has a camera built into it. So if you don't get a shot on the monster you can at least prove ya saw it.. A good cheap website to check out is www.opticsplanet.com They have binos for cheap

Quick Reply: Binoculars & Bowhunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.