Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this considerd baiting?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 AM
OGW

Default RE: Is this considerd baiting?

ORIGINAL: RDHunter
I don't think water has an ordor for the deer to smell , they just know where a water sourch is and go to it.....
Tell me you've never driven on the windward side of a lake on a breezy day and not smelled the water
If you can smell it dont you think Deer can?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OGW

I don't think water has an ordor for the deer to smell , they just know where a water sourch is and go to it.....
Tell me you've never driven on the windward side of a lake on a breezy day and not smelled the water
If you can smell it dont you think Deer can?
Well I guess I stand corrected ... your right but still putting a canister of water wouldn't be enough to draw them in.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

What about hunting over natural sources of water like watering holes and small hidden ponds?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Why not make a 10 foot natural man made pond in front of your stand. The rain should refill it for you when it rains.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

What about hunting over natural sources of water like watering holes and small hidden ponds?
I wouldn't consider that baiting , thats more likehunting near a natural food sourch such as an oak patch or a bush of honeysuckle.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't consider that baiting , thats more likehunting near a natural food sourch such as an oak patch or a bush of honeysuckle.

Yah, thats how i would think of it too, but there are the extremests (Sp?) who even consider that baiting...if that was the case i dont konw how you would hunt without supposedly "baiting"

Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 AM
OGW

Yah, thats how i would think of it too, but there are the extremests (Sp?) who even consider that baiting...if that was the case i dont konw how you would hunt without supposedly "baiting"
Valid point! Some people think that hunting near any food source is "baiting".
LOL...what do they think we should do? Put up a stand on a light pole in a parking lot
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

bait /beɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[beyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping, etc.

a poisoned lure used in exterminating pests.

an allurement; enticement: [/align]

By definition, yes that would be baiting. You'd have to check with your local game commission to find out if the law considers it baiting or not.

To me, it sounds like a good idea.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with you ... I guess were all guilty of hunting over bait in some way.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OGW

LOL...what do they think we should do? Put up a stand on a light pole in a parking lot
I only know one guy who does that [:-]

Jeff!!

Quick Reply: Is this considerd baiting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.