Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Plans for Opening Day

Old 08-08-2007, 03:45 AM

Default RE: Your Plans for Opening Day

I know where I'll be, but I'm not sure which tree yet. I plan on being there dark and early and whacking a doe... or a nice buck if one comes by, but I'll be selective.

Ken
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

October 13th is opening day in the Southern New York zone. This is a special day to me because, in 1998 I got hurt while setting up my tree stand. As I was decending from my tree, my wedding ring got caught on a step and ripped my finger off! I was alone in the woods and I am lucky to be alive. It was suppose to be the first time I bow hunted but since I was in the hospital, I missed the whole hunting season that year. It will mean a lot to meI can score on myspecial day!

I have my stands in place andthe wind will determine which stand I hunt.

PS... I no longer hunt alone!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

depends on temps and wind!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

I am going to be setting up with a friend behind the camera. Should be sitting in a permenant stand we have built between a bedding and feeding area. The afternoon hunt will take place looking over a sumac field where three large bucks have been spotted, but not regularly.

I am looking forward to it!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I kind of have 2 openers this year. We have an early doe, which I have really no idea where I'll be. 1 farm is leading the way, but I've got some scouting to do still. Heck I just hope my tags arrive by then, its the 1st season for it, and I really don't think out tag system is efficient enough to distribute them. There are supposed to be measures taken, but we'll see.

Then regarding my real opener, I think I might try and target a buck this year, since I should have a doe in the freezer already. Don't know where I'll be yet.