Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Plans for Opening Day

Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Plans for Opening Day

I'll be in Colorado chasing Elk for the Wisconsin opener but when I get back I will be in a stand between my pond and my food plot.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

IF i hunt during an early doe archery season, i will be in my orchard...if i can ever get ahold of the guy to see if i have permission this year...i cant help but to notice that apples drop earlier that the season...sure there are still apples to be had in the season...but not nearly as many as now...maybe i can get me a doe out of there...

opening day of the real season...i dont know where i will be. most likely where i got my shot last season. this year when the guy comes to throw me out im not budging. most likely camping in my stand friday night just to be sure i beat him there...last year i only left because i thought he was a friend of my friends. now that i know hes not, i will be hunting my stand if i beat him there. hopefully he sees my truck and keeps on drivin..i dont want problems...but opening day in that spot is gunna be good. tiny strip of woods with beans on one side and corn on the other..road on one end and a nasty brush field on the other side....good spot...pretty sure he stuck on the first day last year...he didnt come back till rifle season...and was there on Sunday...we cant hunt on Sundays so i was guessing he was searching for his buck...and he took his stand out of there...im an easy goin guy that dont like no trouble...but if nothing else...im going back there just because he told me hed be there. he dont own the place! gimme a break...you beat me there and i will find somewhere else..i beat you there you can find somewhere else...that simple
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

opening day i'll probably be hunting my favorite tree stand locoted in between a food source and the deers bedding area and then in the evening i'll probably be hunting ths soy feild that has apple trees along one side which is where ill probably be
Old 08-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't get to hunt the KS. farm on opening day, BUT my game plan for the first few days goes like this: Get my bow, release, range finderand a few arrows and then get on the combine and start harvesting milo. Pick out the deer I want and when I get the combone in range, whack it!Should be pretty easy!At the very least, I'll get some scouting done![8D]
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Unless my brother wants to hunt it ill be in the spot where i have had all my luck in previous years. If not i got a couple other ideas
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

In MO Sept 15 I will be in the neighborhood somewhere. Probably in a funnel leading to a bean field. Or in the oaks if they are dropping by then.

In IL Oct 1, it depends if the beans are turning yet. If not on a trail leading to the field I have seen a nice group of bucks using. If they are brown might be an oak bottom along the creek or next to to a corn field they should be using.

Hopefully the bucks will tell me where to be with a little more scouting closer to opening day. I like getting a nice buck early to take some of the pressure off. Because there are other people hunting my areas and the longer the season goes on the more educated the big boys become.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

All depends on how hot it is for me. If it's over 85 degrees, I won't be hunting for sure. Low 80's...maybe. I normally don't start until mid-October unless it cools down.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

To get in and out undetected have fun and if everything goes just right, get a shot at something that really gets the blood pumping.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Since I will be in Ohio opening day, help Buckeye drag a monster out by his antlers

I will be helping 3 youth hunters in Ohio.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all set for opening morning. Stand chosen right over a well traveled trail to a food source. As long as the wind cooperates, then I'm all set. Regardless, i'll just be relieved it's here.

Quick Reply: Your Plans for Opening Day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.