Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you dislike of this site? Constructive Critism

Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Default RE: What do you dislike of this site? Constructive Critism

I'm getting tired of seeing all the worthless threads about what you would do in this or that situation. "Ethics" type stuff. But more than that I am SICK of seeing threads in the bow sections about other people like ted nugent, tred, stan pots and stuff like that. I really don't feel this is the correct forum for that sort of stuff. And do we really need to talk about the "nuge" once a freakin' week!? If you haven't figured out who likes and doesn't like the guy yet you must be living under a rock.

And I really could care less about which hunting show someone likes or what happened the previous night on a particular show. They are tv shows for crying out loud, of course it is doctored up to an extent. I really think they should go in the off topic section with the Idol threads myself.

I cut people a lot of slack with the search thing, but it does get a bit annoying when the question was just asked on page two a few days ago (or hours sometimes).

All in all though this site is great. I could actually do with a few less forums actually. Do what I do, if you are not interested in a thread just don't click on it. Normally with me if it is already three pages long I don't even bother with it.

Paul
Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Spike

I dislike the pages only containing so few posts.(first page of this thread has 10). Archery talk(similar format) may average 30 or more per page.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

Let me first say i think this site is great and the people are excellent. the advice and help i have gotten from this site has been wonderful.....

with that said the only thing i see on this site that i dislike is that sometimes i see an avg joe who is not well known on this site ask questions and get put down, or given the "best post ever" link by some of the persons on here...........but, when some of the more popular screen names posts questions they don't get responses like this, but instead constructive critisism......

AMEN I'll 2nd that comment. There are a few people on here who are always a smart a**. Sometimes no matter what you say one or two of them always cut you down or get angry over another persons opinion. Im also sick of the Nugent threads. Also if your the average Joe and post some pics, youget hardly any responses, but a well liked guy posts some pics and they just rave about how great those pics are. Sometimes it reminds me of a high school click. Just my opinion...

just my 2cents on that subject......

Josh
Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too many beeeech sessions. Mods. please shut em down.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I now dislike selfish threads[8D]
Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dislike that most of my buddies on here live so far away [:@]
Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dislike:

1) a55wholes -If you need to be one, we need a site amin's smite'n of such individuals. It's unfair to anddoesn't make for a pleasant experience for the rest of the well behaved.

2) people who are mad at their (pick one) boss, wife, life situation... so they come here looking for a fight.

3) people who quote people quoting people quoting people quoting people. It gets very confusing and makes for alot of needless scrolling.

4) people who don't like the above dislikes.

5) search button user-friendliness - it seems no matter what I try to search, it always ends up taking 20 seconds then finally says "the system could not find any records"

Andjust to prove this I just nowtried searching "bow" then "bowhunting" then "g5 montec" and nothing came up. How functional is the search function if it can't find anything with the word bow or bowhunting in a bowhunting forum? Maybe I"m just not using it right but then so are a whole lot of people too.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn search, doesn't work for nothing!