Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BPS sale today & Bow acting up...

Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BPS sale today & Bow acting up...

Just got back from Bass pro and only spent $140 not bad for a 2-man 15ft stand and a Red Head Off-brand Block target.
But dang that stand looks like its goin to be a pain to put together...

I stopped ant gander mountain first to shoot my bow a little and it was shooting about 12" low!! Could it be the string breaking in or the dry-fry that it took or the wraps i added to my arrows or what?? i was dead on before... and i was down to 62# instead of 65# pounds where it was when i bought it, could it be where i had it check out after the dry fire why did it throw everything outa whack?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BPS sale today & Bow acting up...

This is JUST speculation, but where did you get the bow setup? It sounds like someone doesn't know how to use levels and have you shooting WAY nock high. Once again, just speculation. That's what it sounds like to me, but hey, I'm no expert. That's the only thing I could think of that would make you hit a foot low. I bet you're getting some crazy flight too.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

call me stupid but im not sure what your refering to when you say WAY nock high... and i got it shootin dead on at 20 again but havent had a chance to try out any further... could it be whre he maybe check the bow out when i took after the dry fire and he didnt get everything back to the way it was?
one guy told me it could be where it was new and he called it the sring "banjoing"... i dunno ill be happy as long as it stays good now i also got a new release and started shooting my off-color vane dow instead of out? help anymore?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

By nock high, I mean that the arrow is pointing on a downward angle. It may not be completely visable without levels. It seems to happen alot in some store where they just kind of eyeball everything. Do your arrows have a little kick to them, probably upwards?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeh i had a pro shop do that but he eyeballed it... he lined my arrow level with the rest threaded holes. do i need to seek elswhere for a leveling job i dont seeit everytime but they do kick every once in a while... if this was the problem how did it come outa nowhere?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well when you dry fired it, did you have strings changed or did you change or have to adjust the rest? I'm pretty sure you are just nock high, if you have access to a paper tuner that would really clear things up. Eyeballing it only goes so far, it's amazing what a couple bucks worth of levels will do. I'm way too picky to even try to eyeball it...
Old 08-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ill give it a chance to stay on this time with NO dry fires cuz im not sure what he did i just gave it to him told him to check it out and left, came back he said he checked it and it was fine nothin had to be changed so i went on maybe itll be ok if it does it again im goin to take it to have the works done, theres a guy at gander moutain thats really good that can do all that but i jsut went there today and its a 1hr and 15mn drive for me so ill probly see if it will hold on like it is. thanks for the advice.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

what kinda rest u got?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

what kinda rest u got?
Cobra DiamondBack Dropaway

Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

In that case, the rest timing could be off. It could be falling too late and catching the back end of the arrow, are you seeing any marks on your vanes or on the rest arm?

Quick Reply: BPS sale today & Bow acting up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.