Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"THE TRUTH"

Old 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Spike

Default "THE TRUTH"

ANYONE SHOOT THIS BOW BY BEAR. IF SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "THE TRUTH"

I have a friend that is thinking about getting it, we both shot it and it is a great bow for the $$$
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've sold and set up many of them, and honestly I have mixed feelings about them.

I have had some serious issues with porposing, that I cannot get resolved. The most recent issue, I had a bow sitting almost 1/4" nock LOW, before it would shoot a clean hole. I worked on that bow for over three hours, trying everything I could think of... and nothing fixed it. This bow shot perfectly when it left the shop. The customer told me he had shot about 250 arrows out of it, then quite suddently, this started happening. He was honest about everything, and we cannot figure out whats up with it. Maybe someone messed with it when he didn't know about it. This is the fourth one now, that has had BAD porposing issues that no one and nothing could fix or explain. Conversely, we have had several that have shot absolutely PERFECT right out of the box.

Just a little bit of objective feedback. Make sure you get it shooting right before you leave the shop!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:51 PM

My Fiance's brother bought one and took it back the next day because it was without a doubt the loudest bow either of us had ever shot. It had tremendous hand shock and sound like a hover craft when shot. Thought maybe it was just that bow so we got another with the same results. So needless to say "The Truth" won't be shot here again. Hope this helps. We do however have an element and the code and they are both excellent and quiet.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:52 PM

I am sure you a have checked buth just for grins...have you used a stiffer splined arrow? My friend has one and had the sameproblem and he shot one of my carbon express weight forward 350 arrows and it fixed the problem and he has since bought some and heno longer hasthe porposing issue . Just a thought no punt intended.