Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite Archery

Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
bigcountry

Default Elite Archery

Anybody ever shoot an elite archery bow? Hearing good things about them.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elite Archery

[/align]No but I am hearing good things about Mission Bows aswell. Hey Big, was it you that hurt your hand a while back and if so; How ya doin?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
bigcountry

Nope, not me. Shoulder has some micro tears in it. But no hand issues. Thanks for asking.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

[/align]No but I am hearing good things about Mission Bows aswell. Hey Big, was it you that hurt your hand a while back and if so; How ya doin?

I haven't heard much about the Mission bows and I personally would never buy one. They look, well, flat out cheap, especailly to be made by MATHEWS! They don't say Mathews anywhere on them, just my personal opinion, I'm sure they are decent bows, but I couldn't get past the looks of em'.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 PM

I would love to get to shoot an Elite bow but just can't find one anywhere close to home..........very limited dealers still.

They are basically a Bowtech with a few tweaks here and there. FAST and smooth is what I hear.

As far as Mission bows go I did shoot them and while they are not as nice as top end bows they are also fairly priced. I think you get plenty of bow for your money with a Mission..........Some of the Diamond bows are very nice mid level items as well.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot a couple Elite bows. They are FAST and great looking. They have their own camo pattern, like a big pattern that has been shrunk down so the leaves fit on the riser, pretty cool. I think if you are looking at an Elite, then get a Bowtech, and there are no questions about warranty work or legal troubles. They are similar, almost a wash between the two.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:02 PM
bigcountry

I have bowtech, but was curious about elite. Sounds like a big ole mess with bowtech. I agree, might be silly to buy an elite. But curious about them.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just finished reading a bow review on the "Envy" by Elite Archery

It IBO's at 329 fps, weighs 4.15 lbs, and a 7 3/16'' brace height.

The +'s listed: Speed; generous brace height; and "fit and finish".

The -'s listed: a back wall that landed in the end of the field; and "a draw cycle that will force you to the gym" to be able to draw it.

Out of 4 stars:
Performance: 3/5 Design: 3/5 Noise: 2/5 Price value: 2/5

Overall, it sounds like the bow is nice to look at, and nothin much to shoot.

oh and did i mention the listed price is, $999, it was the most expensive bow tested. I couldn't believe the cost when i read it.

All this came from the August 2007 issue of OUTDOOR LIFE
Old 08-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

I just finished reading a bow review on the "Envy" by Elite Archery

It IBO's at 329 fps, weighs 4.15 lbs, and a 7 3/16'' brace height.

The +'s listed: Speed; generous brace height; and "fit and finish".

The -'s listed: a back wall that landed in the end of the field; and "a draw cycle that will force you to the gym" to be able to draw it.

Out of 4 stars:
Performance: 3/5 Design: 3/5 Noise: 2/5 Price value: 2/5

Overall, it sounds like the bow is nice to look at, and nothin much to shoot.

oh and did i mention the listed price is, $999, it was the most expensive bow tested. I couldn't believe the cost when i read it.

All this came from the August 2007 issue of OUTDOOR LIFE
I need to read that article. I'd love to read what they put down about the x-force's draw cycle and wet wall when compared to any Elite bow. It must have gotten 0's across the board.

The Elites do feel a heck of a lot like BT's. I shoot for a guy who deals High Country and Elite. I shoot an Iron Mace, he shoots a Synergy. Hardly any difference in them as far as feel of draw, speed or hand shock. The IM seems to be a bit louder to me, but its also a bit faster (we are talking 3-5 fps). And it seems to be a bit better made. But the Elites are awesome.

Big if you are ever in VA tidewater area let me know, we can get you an Elite to test shoot. Anytime you are going fishing on the OBX, just drop a line, you have to go right past us.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a Elite Synergy, I have to say that it is probably the smoothest and the most quiet bow I have shot. I had my vectrix stolen from me this summer and never found it, well I walk into Archery Country(my bow shop)seen them sitting there, and said what the heck. I was so suprised on how nice it was, light, fast, and very quiet. I have felt I spent my moneyvery well!Any more questions just ask, glad to answer.

Quick Reply: Elite Archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.