Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite Archery

Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elite Archery

I'd love to read what they put down about the x-force's draw cycle and wet wall when compared to any Elite bow. It must have gotten 0's across the board.
PSE X-FORCE
[hr]

Price: $799 Speed: 342.5 FPSWeight: 4.15 lbs.

+'s: Top five in every test category (besides vibration); "phenomenal" narrow grip; beyond parrallel limbs, concrete solid back wall, incredibly fast.

-'s: "some" vibration

bottom line: find a pse dealer and shoot the x-force

performance: 4/4 Design: 3/4 Noise: 3/4 Price/value: 4/4

"Awesome shooting bow", "engineering marvel", "Forgiving back wall", "Smooth draw", "amazing speed"

Again, August 2007-OUTDOORLIFE
Old 08-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

I'd love to read what they put down about the x-force's draw cycle and wet wall when compared to any Elite bow. It must have gotten 0's across the board.
PSE X-FORCE

[hr]

Price: $799 Speed: 342.5 FPSWeight: 4.15 lbs.

+'s: Top five in every test category (besides vibration); "phenomenal" narrow grip; beyond parrallel limbs, concrete solid back wall, incredibly fast.

-'s: "some" vibration

bottom line: find a pse dealer and shoot the x-force

performance: 4/4 Design: 3/4 Noise: 3/4 Price/value: 4/4

"Awesome shooting bow", "engineering marvel", "Forgiving back wall", "Smooth draw", "amazing speed"

Again, August 2007-OUTDOORLIFE
Wow..... no means an attack on you here Kyle... you are just the messenger...

That reviewer has got to be on drugs. Either that or the X-Force I shot (which belongs to, and was tuned and set up by PSE's reps and Pro shooters) was just a lemon. One thing I do agree on, I do like the x-Forces grip better than almost anything I've ever shot. But the wall was spongy, draw cycle carries max weight for quite some time (speed has to come from somewhere anyway). I really didn't think it vibrated all that bad.

The shot was more plesant than the draw and the hold at full draw.

To each his own, opinions are like elbows. Thanks for the post Kyle.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 PM

I've shot the Energy and the E-Force. They are very good shooting bows, and I think they were really engineered for the 28 and 29 inch DL shooters. That seems to be where the absolutley shine. I am amazed at the speeds a 28 inch Energy will produce....Very impressive to shoot. EXTREMELY quiet, very little hand shock and zero vibration. The cams load at the front, but are quite smooth given their aggressive design.

I just hope they have their customer service "issues" resolved....
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I've never shot the X-force, but i can tell you that the reviewers are as followed:

Rob Kaufhold: Pres. of Landcaster Archery Supply and former USA and World team member.

Chad Whitmoyer: retail manager of Landcast Archery, one of nations leading bow technicians.

Doug Howlett: OL's deputy editor, 20 years of bowhunting expiriance.

Joella Bates: 5 time archery shooters association and IBO champ.

Dr. Todd Kuhn: OL's bowhunting editor and Doctorate in environmental engineering, avid archer, and bowhunter.

Dr. Daniel Woodard: NASA flight sergeon and research engineer.

Now that prob doesn't mean anything to anyone just had nothing better to do then type this. I like to read bow reviews in all the dif mag's and compare them, funny how much they can differ. I get better bow reviews off of this forum anyhow. Sorry to somewhat HIJACK bigcountry.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot the Elite Synergy and IMHO it is the finest bow to come out in 2007. It is fast, quiet, smooth drawing, has a solid back wall, and will drive tacks like a target bow. The fit and finish are top shelf, they use Barnsdale limbs (arguably the best in the business), and Vapor Trail strings. The only reason I do not own one is the questions surrounding the business. They are very young and have had a rocky start with getting dealers to carry them. I also worry when a bow company can't get their product into any of the major magazines that review all of these crazy bows each year. It certainly is not being excluded because of performance.