Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage VS. Snypers

Old 08-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rage VS. Snypers

Why are rage heads getting so much attention and the Snyper line never really did? You could say it is because of the rubber band issue,but the Rage line has one also. It's just hidden. It still needs to be changed after you shoot them. Rage even gives you extra bands in the package. The only thing the Rage heads have over the Snyper line is cutting diameter. In ever other way[in my opinion]the Snyper is a better head. I checked out the three blades when they first came out. They were cosiderably harder to open thanmy Snyper XP-3 heads .Once I got them open ,it was hard top tell when they were closed. In one case ; one opened in flight. The shot end up 12" off at 15yds. It soundedlike I had torn a fletch off my arrow. As far as the three blade goes I can't seem to get why Rage gets any more attention than the Snyper line. Yet most people

don't even know there is a Snyper XP-3. If you haven't and you get a chance ,check out the Snyper XP-3. I can't say enough good things about them. It's a shame they possibly won't last. Rocky Mountain doesn't seem to be marketing the at all. See, if you look at the two, which one you like. I know there people out there that love the Rage heads . I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I guess I'm just singing the praises of an otherwise unsung broadhead. The Rage line came out before the Snyper line hada chance to really take off with the three blade XP-3.

[/align]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rage VS. Snypers

I've shot 5 bucks with the Snyper, I have no desire to change to the Rage as a result of the success I've seen from the Snyper.

I don't understand the issue with the band, one shot and the blades are done as well so everything needs changed.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Bartender

Snypers it is, recall on rage:
http://www.ragebroadheads.com/images/recall/Rage%203%20blade%20recall%20CUSTOMER%20LETTER%20(6 _6_07).pdf
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Its called ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Bartender

huh
ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Its called ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't shot the 3 blade in either brand, but I have previously used the Snypers in 2 blade with great success and will be shooting the Rage 2 blade this year. I like the large cutting diameter and that is the sole reason I went to the Rage instead of going back to the Snyper. The bands have no bearing on my decision, because as Rob said once it's shot you need to replace everything anyway.

Both are great heads in the 2 blade.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard that Rage bought the patent from Snyper and now essentially owns both companies?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I watched a hunting show this weekend and they were promoting the Rage broadhead...That thing made a HUGE hole in the deer. I've never shot a Rage, but I was really impressed with the damage it did.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

must have seen the same show as Johnny seen...look like an awesome head...

i always thought they were essentially the same heads...heck even their websites are pretty similar?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

[/align]The company that owns the company that makes the Block bought Rocky Mountain Broadheads. They felt the Snyper line wasn't marketed well and decided to start a new company. Rage broadheads were born. They could have just marketed the Snypers better. For whatever reason;they started rage. Since they owned the company they could do what they wanted. They used the Snyper design and made some small [ but important] changes.The things I wish they would have kept are the rubber band in front of the blades and the "Devistator Tip" . I definatly like the tip better on the Snyper XP-3. I have no problem with the increased cutting diameter. It seems like a good idea. Maybe the heads I checked out were just bad heads. 5-Shot got better results from his set.

Quick Reply: Rage VS. Snypers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.