Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eberlestock "Just One" Pack

Old 08-03-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Eberlestock "Just One" Pack

Hey guys!

Do you have any experience with the Just One backpack from Eberlestock? I'm considering buying one, but wanted to check around before taking the plunge...

I want to use it for backcountry hunting...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eberlestock "Just One" Pack

I have no experience with it but if I needed more than just a day pack or was doing some back country hunting or hiking that pack is in the top 3 of ones that I would get.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM

Hey Bruce, may I ask what are the other 2 top choices?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also like the badlands and timberhawk packs.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 AM

That pack looks pretty cool. I considered it before I bought my Badlands 2200. I have heard a lot of good things about both companies, and I decided that the Badlands pack was more practical for me right now. I love the pack though and would recommend it to anyone.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Thanks guys! I like the TimberHawk pack but I just need more space...I'm still dabating between the Badlands and Eberlestock...[]
Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey rookie...
i baught the camelbak commander from cabelas...great pac..lots of room and can use the outside pouch as a fold over to stick game meat between that and the main pouch (am yet to do it though)....very nice and this one comes with the bladder....took it out opening archery here in CA..hiked about 12 or som miles with it on....was awesome....weather was very hot around 98 or so and i put the bladder in the fridge before i left....water was cool all day....

the badlands 2200 (from what i have heard) is an awesome pack....but like you i wanted more space...that is why i went with teh camelbak
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM

Depends on what kind of hunting you're doing and if you're going to be quartering your kill and packing it out in it. I just boughtthe smaller two pieceeberlestock which has the quick draw feature for carrying your bow. Very well made pack, certainly better than any camelbacks I've had (and I've had a lot of them). For me, my primary game is elk and unless we're damn lucky we quarter them up and pack them out.But we generally go back to camp for pack frames and one internal frame pack for loose meat. Internal frame packs can get real nasty after you pack out a few animals in them unless you're diligent about cleaning them out.

Being a former eastern whitetail hunter from Michigan where you generally have pretty good motorized access to kills and can take them out whole, I would go for a smaller pack like I have.

The just one to me would be for serious backcountry hunting in the rockies.. but then it might also be good for packing in a tree stand elsewhere. Point is I guess Eberlestock makes some well made packs from what I can tell..

Saw this on sale on Sierra Trading post.. looks like a good price
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Eberlestock.html

Old 08-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Hey Josh! Did you read the chronic of my 1st time backcountry hunting? Man that was a long day...Anyway, I will certainly check ou the Commander pack

Fish, I only hunt public land here in Northern CA, so yes, I do try to go deep into the mountains so a roomy pack is a most to carry my gear and, with a blessing, the meat!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey rookie....no i didn't read it....put up a link so i can check it out!...........if you want to try the packs out...head over to sportsmans warehouse and check them out....or bass pro they are alittledown south of us..

i do recommend trying them on first to see what you like and what fits nice..

Quick Reply: Eberlestock "Just One" Pack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.