Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Climber treestand ($280)
73.02%
Rangefinder ($290)
26.98%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

which is most important?

Old 07-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default which is most important?

There are advantages to both but I can only buy one. (low on funds after buying bow, and new gun) This year anyways. Which is most important in your opinion?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which is most important?

Im bad at judging yardages so i would say get the rangefnder then maybe get me a cheaper stand like a hang on
Old 07-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll give you $300 for your bow, so then you can have both. But seriously I would suggest a good climber. You can always measure and mark yardages with some ribbons or something simple around your stands. IMO rangefinders are very nice but not always needed.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never used a rangefinder, and I manage.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without a doubt, a LRF has been one of THE single most important items I've carried since I bought my first one in '96. It goes with me on EVERY bowhunt I make!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends. Do you have plenty of hang-ons to use if you dont have a climber or if you dont get a climber are you going to hunt on the ground.

If you can do without the climber i would go with the range finder. But if you need the climber in order to get off the ground i would definately go with the climber....
Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 PM

I'm saying climber. You can always improve your ranging skills.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I only have a ground blind now being that my hang on got stolen late last season. The area I mainly hunt is now having a "scenic bicycle trail" built right in the middle of it about 15yds from where my stand used to be. My brother and I have gotten permision to hunt 4-5 different locations and if I do go with the stand over the RF Id prefer a climber so that not only can I change locations easier, but it shouldnt be stolen out of my house. thanks everyone so far. We'll see how this poll ends and that should make my choice easier.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy the Range Finder...if your up a tree in your Climber and you miss judge the yardage and miss the Deer too the climber was usless to you! LMAO
Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Dominant Buck

It's not that simple a question. Where you hunt might eliminate a climber from the choices. You can buy 3 or 4 hang ons for the price of a climber and have multiple spots. That said, I said Climber because I'd be lost without it.

Quick Reply: which is most important?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.