Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quickspin ST's vs. Blazers...review (pics) UPDATE 20,50,60yds

Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Quickspin ST's vs. Blazers...review (pics) UPDATE 20,50,60yds

Last night after we got done shooting at the shop, I got to thinking. Before I left I bought some of the new Quickspin ST Speed Hunters to fletch up half of the dozen of gold tips I had. There had been a few people in the shop lately wanting their arrows fletched up with these so I thought it was worth a try. Got home and started fletching them up. The thing that got my attention about them first is that unlike the flat bottomes blazers, these had a little curvature to the bottom, making them easier to fletch. Nice.

I got them finished and couldn't tell much about them when I was out shooting last night in the floodlights. [8D]. I decided to go out today and do a little comparison. I didn't bother grouping at 20yds, I didn't want to risk the carbon casualties. I only did 30 and 40 yds, I may edit later with 50, 60yd groups. I would also like to add the blazers were shot first

Here is 30yds

here is 40yds.

In conclusion, I'm not to say that they will shoot good for you, but they seem to be working better out of my setup. Both vanes shot very well though, the blazer groups are a little decieving aswell because is seems at that spot in the bag, the arrows hit and the back ends fall down a bit. The ends of the shafts were closer than the vane ends. I will be shooting these quickspins for a little while I believe.

UPDATE: I decided to go back out and shoot some 20,50,60yd groups. It seems like the Quickspins are hitting consitantly a little left and the blazers a hair left. I wasn't about to shoot 6 arrows at the same spot at 20yds without Uni-Bushings.

50yd

60yd

Both vanes as you can see shoot pretty good...the Quickspins are shooting better, we'll see how the durability is.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Quickspin ST's vs. Blazers...review (pics)

Nice comparison dude....Good information there. I've never questioned the stabilization abilities of the QS's, but I've seen at our shop that they just aren't very durable. They wrinkle badly, and seem to tear quite easily as well. What are your experiences?

I would also like to know how much the arrow slows down compared to other vanes, especially at longer ranges.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

The shorty Speed Hunter quickspins do NOT wrinkle as bad as the larger styles. You can't go shooting groups with them as they do tear up if you hit one. I have a couplepractice arrows that have a vane or two pretty buggered up but they still shootwell. I just don't like the unkept look. LOL That said, I love the Speed Hunters. The do group exceptionally well. I have them fletched up 4 fletch.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mobow, I'm going to shoot both arrows thru the chrono Monday. The shop has the new ST Speedhunters, which is what I have, and the 4inch quickspins. The new ones are head and shoulders above the old 4inch ones. The new ones have the piece that makes them spin molded with the vane, it's all one piece so it won't fall off like the old ones. As far as wrinkling, I'm shooting a dropaway and I haven't passed thru the target or anything, so I can't tell ya. I know they aren't quiet as stiff and rigid as the blazers. If your shooting a drop away, durability shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you know if I discover anything else.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

see on davids, the little piece on the vane that makes them spin is added on. The ones I have, it is molded with the vane, thus making it one piece.

Edit: I noticed that davids are Quickspin Speed Hunters and mine are Quickspin ST Speed Hunters. The ST must have something to do with the molding. I also forgot to add that the Quickspins are fletched straight, which I think will help with not slowing the arrow down as much
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is some nice grouping Matt , how long have you been fletching your own arrows .

For a 16 year old you seem to have a hell of a lot of knowledge and experience about this kind of stuff , i don't mean this to be patronising " i am genuinely impressed " .

Keep it up

Dave
Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could you also tell me what they fill them morrell bags with ? , just for curiosity .

Dave
Old 07-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

That is some nice grouping Matt , how long have you been fletching your own arrows .

I have been playing around with fletching my own arrows for a few weeks now. I use a Bitzenburger, the only way to go

For a 16 year old you seem to have a hell of a lot of knowledge and experience about this kind of stuff , i don't mean this to be patronising " i am genuinely impressed " .

Thank you for the compliment

Could you also tell me what they fill them morrell bags with ? , just for curiosity

I'm not really sure, it stops the arrows very well and removing them is really easy.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, way to go Matt!
looks like your havin fun!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quickspin ST's vs. Blazers...review (pics) UPDATE 20,50,60yds

there's an update for you guys.

Quick Reply: Quickspin ST's vs. Blazers...review (pics) UPDATE 20,50,60yds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.