Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone use the Rage Broadhead?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Does anyone use the Rage Broadhead?

I've been seeing the Rage Broadhead commercial on the Outdoor Channel and I'm intrigued. Have you used it? If so, what did you think?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone use the Rage Broadhead?

I'm gonna try them this year, I have 2 packs of the 3 blades. So far they seem to fly very straight. A friend of mine took a doe last year with them and the entry hole was huge, a double lung shot, she did'nt go far.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:35 PM

There's always marketing hype and then there's the truth. From the testimonials and independent tests I have read about, the Rages are the real deal.
I've been using Spitfires for the last few years and have never had any problems, but figured what the heck. So, I went out yesterday and picked up a pack of the 2 blades.
Can't wait to smoke a deer with them.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

do the rage broadheads require rubber bands? the sight says no rubberbands but then on the order form they are listed.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have used them and I will continue to use them. They work great. A couple down falls are the price for the replacement blades. You can get a pack of three new bh for 5 buck more then the replacement blades. Also I wouldn't be comfortable putting replacement blades in. I used the the blade by the way.

They do have a retaining ring but it is not like the Splitfires as far as how it is utilized. I was a little skeptical about that too but no worries.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot four deer with the rage 3-blades last year. By far the best expandable ive used. theyll be on my arrows again this fall.

Im also gonna try the new Piston Point expandables. Another rear blade deploying system.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am really considering these heads. I love the design of them, basically the same as the Rocky Mountain Snypers. The MX-3 has my eye too, either one will serve the same purpose, we'll see what kind of mood im in when I go to buy em'.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 PM

I dont have any experience with them personally, but I have heard more good things about them than bad...

Some of the bad uns:

1 the price

2 the retainer bands can slip off at the worst times (as with most expandables) ie, in the stand...

3 the ferrules are not very stout. lots of broken and bent up ferrules. (so Ive heard)

Like I said, thats only a few of the bad sides of them, but they seem to attract way more positive views than negative... You prolly wont go wrong by ordering a pack.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Spike

these work great,I shot 3 deer with them last year with huge entrance wounds and all 3 fell within sight.I am using the 2 blade and had a quartering away shot that was pretty steep. The kidney was almost cut out of the deer.I love them.