Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

import or buy local

Old 07-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default import or buy local

I live in UK and have a small problem with getting a good bow for the .[/align][/align]Hi, ive nearly got the money together for the REFLEX GROWLER PACKAGE from Huntersfriend.com , but this import tax is really bugging me .... i don't wanna get stung when it arrives . Whats the best way to do this in your opinion ?[/align][/align]I can get the REFLEX HIGHLANDERand REFLEX SUPER SLAM in UK with 50-60# draw weight and 28 draw length , fuse whisker biscuit , toxonics aluminator pin sight , peep and 8 x gamegetter arrows ste-up for around the 400GBpounds . Trouble is i feel ripped off . Your thoughtsor idea's much appreciated .[/align][/align]Risk importing or make do with whats available in UK . [/align]
Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: import or buy local

I don't want you to feel ignored or neglected. But speaking for myself I don't know enough about your situation to offer any advise.I don't know whats available and I knowzero about import taxes. I'm sure a lot of other, usually,helpful folks are in the sameboat as me.. We wish we could be of more help!

Could you search e-bay in the UK for a deal?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM

If you can get your hands on it, shoot it and it 'fits' you, considering that fact that Reflex makes a good bow, I would stick with it.I don't think that this price is a rip off. That comes to around 700. US, right? There are better bows, IMO, but the may o rmay noy be that much better, considering the risks and the hassles. Glory , glory ManUnited!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Growler is a really nice bow.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Dave, like I said, try and make a family trip to Blankenberge in Belgium. It's an hour's drive from Calais. Visit the belgian coast, buy a bow which you feel comfortable with and the add-ons you want.
did you check out the site yet ?
http://www.ssa-archery.be/

or you could ask them if they have any shops in the UK who order from them.....
I know they deal Bowtech, Hoyt and maybe PSE....
A tomkat package costs about 600 euro's, all I changed is the peepsight and the quiver which adds about 50 euro's.
they have foam targets, arrows, sights, rests, you name it.

how did that archery course go ?

Frank
Belgium
Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Frank , i cannot get the ssa website to show prices only pictures . I will email them to get prices , but to travel on limited funds already would use money for bow and accessories

I have been to the only 2 local archery shop in 100 mile range and the Reflex highlander and super slam each 250pounds without sights , rest ...nothing . I can have either of these bows ready to shoot for around 450 -500 pounds . Are these bows ok or should i try hanging on for the Growler, see what my localish dealer can do .

My budget is 450poundsmax = $900 , if i did import from USA and customs check it would be about550-600 = $1150 unless there is a way round it .

Anybody visiting UK soon .

Could not go archery coarse , i got a black and swolen eye the daybefore and it was my right eye
Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like that bow ... A LOT

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

The Growler is a really nice bow.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Dave, got some time to surf the web for your growler, maybe I get lucky....

let you know

Frank
Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

and for what I know about bows, it looks like a decent bow
but every guy here will tell you to go and try them first !!!
even if it means waiting another few months and saving up....
I waited 10 years to buy me a new bow, moved several times and changed girlfriends before I bought it !!!
F.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha ha ha , cheers Frank for the Laugh . Ihave to ringthe Hoyt dealer tomorrow about the Growler ,but in the meantime i'm gonna pick all your brains to get the best outfit . I liked the Highlander , but it did not feel like an extension of my arm ( if you know what i mean ) . Trykon XLfeltnice , 600pounds ( OUCH ) . will let you know what they say tomorrow .

Igot the kids afibreglass bowlast saturday , some targets , a couple of bales and they love it . they doing better than me .

Quick Reply: import or buy local

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.