Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hadley Creek Outfitters.....Pike county

Old 07-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Hadley Creek Outfitters.....Pike county

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody has hunted with this outfit before? They are located in Pike and Adams county in Illionios. Any good or bad feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Another thing, Illionios does not have a rifle season correct? They only allow bow and shotgun hunting??
Old 07-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hadley Creek Outfitters.....Pike county

Stay Away Stay Far Away. You'll see big deer but they'll never let you get close enough to them. Alot of my friends went there and eveyone said the food was great but the hunting sucked. Pretty expensive week of food.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dot have alot of info. but one of the mags i have has a giant non typical killed there a few years back.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Personally I would never go with a big outfitter like them. They run hunters through there like the the GM factory sends cars through. Sure they kill some big deer but how could you not with that many hunters.

Personally I would try to find an outfitter that runs very few hunters through, lots of acres, and maybe a little higher priced (Its worth it then).

Good luck w/ your decision
Old 07-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have a few bull elk pets in the field beside the clubhouse. They are pretty cool. Its just about 35-40 minutes down the road from where I live. Haven't heard much about the hunting. I know its in a good area. I used to hunt a farm about 5 miles down the road from it in adams county.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Some of the guys from Dream Season were there, the hunts are on the Drury's Spot On video.....

They both killed deer, but neither was very big, and the one guy hunted for 2 weeks w/ a bow only to FINALLY kill one w/ a muzzle loader. They said quite a few times that they just couldn't get close enough......

Old 07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get a flyer in the mail every year from them. They got some monsters in that thing that they kill every year. I have private ground so don't know much about them.

I know a few guys that have used Tall Tine Outfitters in IL. They all really liked them and plan on using them again. You might check them out on the web.

Good Luck, always a risk putting your hunt in someone elses hands.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard from several folks that they run far to many hunters through camp. It seems like the few big outfits we have are more worried about taking everyone's money than everyone getting their deer.

Also, you're correct, there are NO rifles allowed here for deer. Shotgun,Muzzleloader or Handgun are your choices. I prefer a 209x.50 Encore
Old 07-24-2007, 11:00 PM

I don't have any personal knowledge about the outfit but a buddy of mine at work hunted with them last year, killed a giant, and will be going back every year (according to him).

He was very pleased with the operation.

PM me with some contact info and I'll pass it along so you can hear first hand from him.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also am leery of places that are on TV alot. The money they make comes from those big name hunters who come there by getting the name out, so there is no question you are not going to sit in the same stand that Mark Drury did. I would stick with a smaller guy.