Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Under Armour?

Anyone use Under Armour? I would like to purchase a suit but I am on a tight budget and would like some different opinions on whether or not it works to keep you warmer during the coldest days of the year and cooler during the warmer days. Appreciate any input.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Under Armour?

I use the Cold Gear stuff - pants and long sleeve shirt. It is almost ideal for winter use - particularly if you are alternating between periods of activity and sitting. Put layers of polar fleece over it and top it off with a Gore Tex shell. At least here in the dry cold of Colorado.

If you do get this prooduct, it runs on the snug side. Most people I know wind up getting one whole size bigger than you normally wear. This stuff fits real tight - like spandex.

I don't like the Heat Gear. Can't exactly explain why . . . . I'm just more comfortable wearing cotton in hot weather.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:27 PM

Keeps me warm when its snowing and im playing football. used it for hunting but it can get itchy when it gets when.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Spike

wore it in afghanistan. wasn't impressed with it. i do like the hot gear. try the military style polypro. not as thin but works well.