Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabalizers?

Old 12-29-2002, 08:12 PM

Default Stabalizers?

hey guys... i live in ny so our archery season has long since ended and this year was my first. im 15 and just got my first quality bow. its a new martin phantom.. i have a huntmaster sight on it (like it allot), and a whisker bisquit. i just picked it up from the shop today and shot it at the indoor range. going to need allot of practice w/ this bow.. last season i shot everyday over the summer and was really comfortable shooting but my bow i was using was not fast and didnt get very good penatration at all. anyways.. im really happy w/ my bow.. i only have it set at 48 pounds but it is just as fast or faster than my dads hoyt set at 70 pounds. well i was just wondering if you guys could help me out with picking a quality stabalizer that isnt too heavy. i bought the x-changer by trophy ridge the other day but returned it because i thought it was too heavy.... im just looking for some suggestions.. thanks a lot

Marc
Old 12-29-2002, 09:52 PM

Default RE: Stabalizers?

its really personal preference...i personally like a heavy stabalizer. if you get the right combitation for your setup you'll find that a stabalizer not only helps you finish the shot it also steadys your bow arm during the shot.

also speed does not = penatration its a balance of speed and arrow weight. or...
Kinetic energy = mass x velocity squared/a constent
penatration = arrow weight x arrow speed squared/450240

here's a link to help you get the right combination for your setup

http://thunder.prohosting.com/~mfost...alculator.html

Edited by - nodose on 12/29/2002 22:54:32
Old 12-30-2002, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Do a search on this site for stealth stabilizers....I think you will find they come highly recommended!
www.stealtharchery.com
Old 12-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The TR Xchanger you said you did NOT like because of its weight weighs 9 ozs. I will say that the super heavy Stealth line-up should not be you first choice. A lot of shooters prefer a lighter design in stabs. The GKF Tranquilizer would be an excellent choice and sounds like something along the lines of what you're looking for. Lightweight and filled with Simms technology. This stab come in a few different sizes and many different camo pattern to match your bow perfectly. These stabs are available almost everywhere from www.edersbow.com to www.cabelas.com , not to mention the fact that most proshops carry the GKF line-up. Hope the Tranq works as well for you as it has for several in our group. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 12-31-2002, 08:55 AM

The Toxonics RECOILESS Stabilizer is worthy of a look. It helps reduce the initial recoil of the shot and also reduces noise and vibration. It is at least a new concept that works. Check it out at www.toxonics.com and click the 2003 catalog preveiw for a look.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:00 PM

I use the 7" Doinker Stabilizer. Works great on my Mathews.

Shots that are True....Pass right Through!!!